Review: Pocket mag carrier by our own Rocky

This is a discussion on Review: Pocket mag carrier by our own Rocky within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought I'd put in a review for Rocky's new kydex back pocket mag carrier. First off, kudos to Rocky for a super fast and smooth ...

Thread: Review: Pocket mag carrier by our own Rocky

Thought I'd put in a review for Rocky's new kydex back pocket mag carrier.

First off, kudos to Rocky for a super fast and smooth transaction! I also saw he had a few of these for sale on the forum and those who bought 'em have got a good deal.

I've been carrying both Wilson 47D's and officers size SA mags for about a week and a half now and I've got to say I like this method better than belt pouch carry. This little unit slips in your back pocket and then your wallet goes in covering the front of the tab that's sticking out.

As you can see from the picture they pretty much disappear. The 47 D"s come right to the top of my jeans pockets, the officers a little deeper in. The wallet still comes out as normal, no restrictions there. The mags seemed to drag slightly at first but a few days of carrying and drawing practice and everything is smooth as silk now.

The only situation where my belt pouch is easier to draw from is riding in the truck. But for that there's a spare mag in the console so no big deal there for me.

I did find one pair of work jeans with wider than normal back pockets and at first the whole unit would try to come out on a fast draw. As things smoothed out this problem cleared up. Also I learned to push a little to the side as I draw in these pants. There is a rubber "non-skid" patch on the back of the unit that also seems to tighten the grip in the pocket when the wallet is in as well. Without a wallet things get a little loose but then it was DESIGNED to work with a wallet!

Overall this is an excellent mag carrier and it does exactly what I hoped it would do. Good product Rocky and looking forward to seeing what's next.
    Attached Images
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Can you give us a website address for Rocky's products?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

yes,I'd be interested also. let us know Rocky.sj

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    Can you give us a website address for Rocky's products?
    www.combatcarry.com (sorry, couldn't resist) :)

rocky is a moderator here. Do a search in the holster section and you should find pics of his gear.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Me three.

Mike

Lead Moderator
    Thanks El Cruisr, I appreciate the write up. I do not have a website , or am in full production yet. All kydex products I make are 1 at a time , by hand. Due to working full time and raising little ones I do not produce lots of product.
    Currently all mag holders I had for sale are sold. I have ordered more material and am awaiting its arrival. I will post more sales, or PM me if anyone wants a heads up on sales.
    Once again, thanks El for the write up.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links