IWB 5:30 carry post reconstructive shoulder surgery - what is this holster called?

This is a discussion on IWB 5:30 carry post reconstructive shoulder surgery - what is this holster called? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK - I have a new Bersa BP9cc and a new CCW (not new to shooting, just new CCW) and have a bit of a ...

Thread: IWB 5:30 carry post reconstructive shoulder surgery - what is this holster called?

IWB 5:30 carry post reconstructive shoulder surgery - what is this holster called?

OK - I have a new Bersa BP9cc and a new CCW (not new to shooting, just new CCW) and have a bit of a dilemma on what to call/describe the holster I am wanting. I am ordering a kydex rig from PJ's kydex (great service record) and I am trying to describe to him what I am wanting. I also need people to poke holes in my desired carry method.

I had full right shoulder reconstruction years ago and have limited movement for "standard" IWB carry at 4-5 o'clock. The problem is NOT getting my hand back that far, but it is getting it back that far with the standard draw of back of hand facing out away from the body. However, I can very easily roll my hand the other way with the back of my hand against my body and grab/draw the pistol from the 5-5:30 position.

SO, it is not really the small of back holster as most of the those ride more horizontal. What I want is about a 15-20` cant at 5:30 (right side) with the draw being with my palm OUT (the back of my hand against my body.)

SO - what are the problems with this?
    What things should I think about before placing this order?

I am 5'10 and 175# and dress business casual (slacks, shirt, sports coat OR khakis and un-tucked shirt.)

Please advise and many thanks!
    Sproles

PS - I did quite a few searches before posting, so if there is something on the forums, I apologize that I did not find it via search and threads of pics review.

2. Remove Ads

For starters the muzzle will pass your side with a palm out holster....This can be dangerous to say the least.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Re: IWB 5:30 carry post reconstructive shoulder surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    For starters the muzzle will pass your side with a palm out holster....This can be dangerous to say the least.
    Agree with this.....you'll sweep yourself when you draw.....not a good thing.

Have you considered AIWB carry?

Along with Appendix Inside Waist Band (AIWB) you may want to consider cross draw. Worn on the left side, reach across the body to draw. Just another thought.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I,ve had joint replacements on both shoulders. I have a kydex IWB with 10 degrees tilt forward for my FNS 40. This works best for me right at 3:00.

In answer to your question, it's called SOB carry...Small of the Back.
    I have several of these holsters...FIST, INC.

I don't wear them directly over the spine, but rather 5-5:30. These holsters are a bit different as it's a palm out draw.
    I don't buy the fall down and hurt your spine folks either...neither have I fallen down and hurt my hip with IWB carry at 4:00.
    With the palm out draw, you are not really sweeping your body much more than a 4-4:30 draw IMHO.

The SOB holster is not for everyone, but when I do use it, I can comfortably sit...kind of fits into that niche for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links