Does anyone make this holster?

This is a discussion on Does anyone make this holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of a holster maker that has made a holster with the following attributes: [INDENT]> IWB Tuckable > Raked at an angle so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know of a holster maker that has made a holster with the following attributes:

[INDENT]> IWB Tuckable
    > Raked at an angle so that the barrel will be parallel with the crease between you upper thigh and torso
    > The gun would be postioned over the appendix, or just forward of the hip, and the grip would ride just above the belt line
    > Holster would be made for revolvers, k and j frames, or pistols with a 3 or 4 inch barrel

I guess I'm looking to be able to carry "Mexican style" with a holster.
    Has anyone seen a holster like this?

thanks,
    whw

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I can make anything you want, but I'm not sure I understand what rake you watn. Is it a forward rake like an FBI cant, or a backwards rake like a crossdraw???
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I am not following you at all?

It is possible to make anything..........
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    Does anyone know of a holster maker that has made a holster with the following attributes:

[INDENT]> IWB Tuckable
    > Raked at an angle so that the barrel will be parallel with the crease between you upper thigh and torso
    > The gun would be postioned over the appendix, or just forward of the hip, and the grip would ride just above the belt line
    > Holster would be made for revolvers, k and j frames, or pistols with a 3 or 4 inch barrel

I guess I'm looking to be able to carry "Mexican style" with a holster.
    Has anyone seen a holster like this?

thanks,
    whw
    I'm not aware of anyone who builds a holster like you describe. If I understand you correctly, I don't think the design would work anyway. At the extreme muzzle forward angle you describe (follow the hip crease) and having the grip positioned just above the belt would put the majority of the mass of the handgun above or at the belt line. Because of this, the holster would provide no support or stability and would flop around. Depending on the weapon, it is possible to mount it at that angle outside the belt because of the belt loop placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Del Fatti View Post
    I'm not aware of anyone who builds a holster like you describe. If I understand you correctly, I don't think the design would work anyway. At the extreme muzzle forward angle you describe (follow the hip crease) and having the grip positioned just above the belt would put the majority of the mass of the handgun above or at the belt line. Because of this, the holster would provide no support or stability and would flop around. Depending on the weapon, it is possible to mount it at that angle outside the belt because of the belt loop placement.
    I think I understand what you are saying. The Bulman TJS, or T J Special, is a belt holster that carries the gun as I tried to describe. The only difference is that I would like to have it made as a tuckable IWB. Is that possible?
    Thanks for the feedback.
    whw

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps if you had it built w/ a tail to help stablize the holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I think I understand what you are saying. The Bulman TJS, or T J Special, is a belt holster that carries the gun as I tried to describe. The only difference is that I would like to have it made as a tuckable IWB. Is that possible?
    Thanks for the feedback.
    whw
    Josh's TJS is probably in the range of maybe 8 degrees of muzzle forward rake. That's a lot straighter than "Raked at an angle so that the barrel will be parallel with the crease between you upper thigh and torso". If the TJS is at about the rake you want however, it certainly wouldn't be a problem building an inside the waistband type holster for a revolver in that configuration. I've built quite a few over the years for both pistols and wheel guns and would guess that other holstermakers have as well. As for making the design tuckable, it's not a problem but the holster ends up being either thicker or wider as a result.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Well Mr. Del Fatti, it sounds like you make holsters too. Do you have anything with a slotted pad, 15 degree rake and a wing for a P7M8? Or perhaps a horsehide j-frame rig with a low profile off center clip? That would impress me!

Administrator
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    Well Mr. Del Fatti, it sounds like you make holsters too.
    Sir, you have a flair for understatement!

We have the distinct privilege of having some of the best holster makers in the country "sneaking" around this forum!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Well Mr. Del Fatti, it sounds like you make holsters too. Do you have anything with a slotted pad, 15 degree rake and a wing for a P7M8? Or perhaps a horsehide j-frame rig with a low profile off center clip? That would impress me!
    Matt is without a doubt one of the best holstermakers who has ever drawn a breath. He does OUTSTANDING work.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'll have to check this young Italian leahersmith out...maybe even place an order...I can use a few new holsters by Thanksgiving.

I'll have to check this young Italian leahersmith out...maybe even place an order...I can use a few new holsters by Thanksgiving.
    That's Thanksgiving of '07 or '08?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Matt is without a doubt one of the best holstermakers who has ever drawn a breath. He does OUTSTANDING work.
    If seen his work, and Mr. Bommeland turns out some fine holsters also.

whw

If seen his work, and Mr. Bommeland turns out some fine holsters also.

whw
    Thank you, sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links