IWB for Fox 2oz.?

This is a discussion on IWB for Fox 2oz.? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me first apologize if this request is in the incorrect forum, but I was thinking that " concealed carry holsters and carry options " ...

Thread: IWB for Fox 2oz.?

IWB for Fox 2oz.?

Let me first apologize if this request is in the incorrect forum, but I was thinking that "concealed carry holsters and carry options" would be the most germane location for such a request.

I currently carry a Fox 2oz as part of my EDC. But it's always relegated to the back pocket of my pants. Owning a C-TAC, I came up with what I think is a rather ingenious idea:

Molding a piece of Kydex to the back of a Standard Belt Clip (like the one used on the C-TAC) in order to wear the 2oz as an IWB. Does this make sense? The Fox would be secured to the backside of the Standard Clip, so that when the Clip was worn as intended, the can of Fox would be pressing up against your waist.

But, alas my dilemma. I have no experience with anything relating to Kydex, leather, wood, metal, tupperware, etc. and would need an experienced person to help bring this idea to fruition.

Thus my request:

Is anybody able to work with me in order to create an IWB setup for a 2oz can of Fox?

Thank you in advance for reading through this rather verbose thread. We all have our faults! Ha.

--Dan

2. Remove Ads

You have much more waistroom than I do - those cans are big and round!!

Assistant Administrator
    I'm sure someone can help - maybe Rocky even.

However - I just cannot imagine using an IWB holder for that can - really I can't Dan! You must have plenty of padding!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Haha. You know, it seemed like a good idea at the time...but now I'm starting to second-guess myself. Hmm...perhaps the pockets on my pants work just fine. :)

Thanks for the input, and I'll let you guys know teh final verdict.

--Dan

Maybe the same idea, but as OWB perhaps....

Let us know if you do such a rig, I'd be interested in the outcome.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Lead Moderator
    I can mold kydex, but agree a can would certianly be uncomfortable. Maybe witht he smaller size can, I could mold a IWB pancake holster that might ride better . Not sure, I would have to see some diffrent size cans.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    A makeshift ankle rig would work nicely with such a light item.

Links