Custom Belts?

This is a discussion on Custom Belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A classmate of mine has an uncle that owns a custom leather shop in town. I've been thinking of at least going and seeing what ...

Thread: Custom Belts?

Custom Belts?

A classmate of mine has an uncle that owns a custom leather shop in town. I've been thinking of at least going and seeing what he has to offer along the lines of a black leather belt that is stiff enough for concealed carry. What should I ask for or be on the lookout for with regards to type of leather, thickness, construction, etc?

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    I'm no expert in belts by any means, but I had a belt made by a saddle maker that has a heavy piece of leather on the outside, glued and sewn to a lighter piece on the inside. The dual layer construction seems to help even out the stretching and allow the belt to function well (remain stiff) for longer than a single layer belt.

Just my experience, I'm sure you'll receive a more knowledgeable response shortly.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Administrator
    Ask him if he uses Herman OAK Leather. The best for gun belts.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links