newby seraching for CCW IWB holster

This is a discussion on newby seraching for CCW IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok. I want some input here please. I'm 6' & 240 lbs and losing! My pants now have enough slack to use a IWB holster ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KoriBustard

Thread: newby seraching for CCW IWB holster

Ok. I want some input here please.
    I'm 6' & 240 lbs and losing! My pants now have enough slack to use a IWB holster somewhat comfortably...I think. Thanks to you all that have posted pics, it gives me an idea. I dress business casual almost 7 days a week. i.e. button down Oxford type shirts. No coat & tie though. In and out of my truck a lot. LUV my truck. Sorry. Have to be sure my XD9 Sub does not print since I am in doctors offices all day for business or on a photo shoot. Don't want questions raised at all. Polo shirts are not an option during the day.
    The CrossBreed and Kholster look very appealing.

Thanks for your help.
    Prophotog

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of the Crossbreed Supertuck. It is very comfortable (I have the horse hide version) for my S&W 9c. Adjustable cant (I carry at 4'oclock). Kydex holster can easily be remolded (with a hair dryer) to increase or decrease the retention level, though I like the way it came from the factory. There are a lot of choices but I would recommend this one, don't think you could go badly wrong with it.
    Prophotog likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Also, welcome from Massachusetts from an "expatriated" South Carolinian!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

Seems this thread isn't getting a lot of traction. You may want to see this thread on IWB holsters.

What's your favorite IWB CC holster?
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

VIP Member
    I have a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat and I've been very pleased with the quality and comfort of the holster.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

One of the great things about the MaxTuck is that you can change out the kydex in a minute or two. You can get a replacement kydex for any of your guns for under $20. If later on down the line you buy a new carry gun, you just order an kydex piece for $20 and you are ready to go.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I have the Galco King Tuk for my FS M&P 9mm. I love it im a big guy and have no printing that i know of!

i have the crossbreed supertuck and I love it, but it was the one I chose when there wasn't much out there to choose from. Now there are a lot of choices. I think if you do you homework, what you end up chosing will work just fine.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Links