How high does your IWB kydex ride?

This is a discussion on How high does your IWB kydex ride? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a MaxTuck for my XD9 and have been playing around with the placement. As I have it right now, the kydex sticks ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chiefjason

Thread: How high does your IWB kydex ride?

How high does your IWB kydex ride?

I just got a MaxTuck for my XD9 and have been playing around with the placement. As I have it right now, the kydex sticks out of my pants about half an inch. If I move it to the next set of holes, it rides below my pants and I sometimes catch them when reholstering. I think I'd like to put a new set of holes in the middle but not sure if I should. So my question is how high does your kydex ride out of your pants? Oh yeah, I've got it at about 5 o'clock right now.

2. Remove Ads

SDG
    I have a MaxTuk for my M&P's and moved the front clip up one hole to drop the front and add more cant. The Kydex is now slightly below the pant line on the front but just barely and it doesn't catch at all. Mine is somewhere between 4 & 5 o'clock....

I prefer mine as close to the pants line as I can get it. I'd rather be slightly above than below.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Re: How high does your IWB kydex ride?

I dropped my holster down. Loved how low it sat until I tried to get a good grab on it. Increasing the can't by moving the front clip is a great idea. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Mark at Midworld Gunleather made what I regard as a perfect IWB for me. I run it as close to the pantline as the DeltaPoint allows. With a twenty-degree cant, it allows a full-sized semi to be concealed effectively and comfortably at 3:00.
    midworld 17 holster 007.JPG
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I think I'm just the opposite...... I have my MTAC set to keep my G19 riding kinda high at the 4-o'clock position. I want the grip (almost) fully above my belt-line.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I think I'm just the opposite...... I have my MTAC set to keep my G19 riding kinda high at the 4-o'clock position. I want the grip (almost) fully above my belt-line.
    Same Here, If grip is too low to pant line, I can't wrap my fingers around grip.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

As I said, mine rides about a half inch above my pant line, and I'm able to get a full grip on it. I'll probably just leave it as is just so I don't destroy my MaxTuck by trying to make new holes. However, I still appreciate hearing where everyone else rides.

I think half inch is almost perfect. Mine is probably about that, maybe a bit more. I want my gun riding high, especially when sitting a lot.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I prefer mine as close to the pants line as I can get it. I'd rather be slightly above than below.
    Yep! ^^^ This ^^^

My CBST kydex sits just above the waistband of my jeans. Helps when reholstering, allows full grip, and is comfortable.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Links