Good IWB for .45

This is a discussion on Good IWB for .45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a full size 1911. Any advance for a comfortable holster? Leather or Kydex would be possible. I am leaning toward a Milt Sparks. ...

Thread: Good IWB for .45

Good IWB for .45

I have a full size 1911. Any advance for a comfortable holster? Leather or Kydex would be possible. I am leaning toward a Milt Sparks. Thank you for any personal experiences. I have a Galco but it has no sweat shield. I am a lefty if it matters.

2. Remove Ads

I was just referred to TTGunLeather by another forum member. They have a nice leather IWB/OWB convertible holster. Two holsters in one depending on your comfort and concealablity needs. Only heard great things about thier quality and service.

Pure Kustom Holsters. OWB and IWB with 27 ways to wear it. Sealed and stiffened leather is water proof and won't collapse.
    PURE KUSTOM HOLSTERS MAIN
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I have a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters and have been very pleased with it...great quality and service. For under $20 you can get a replacement for any of your guns and in about 2 minutes you can switch the kydex and start carrying your other gun...very economical and flexible system. Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    The Sparks Summer Special II is my favorite IWB for a Govt. Model. Over the past 18+ years some form of 1911 has been the most frequently carried gun and I have quite the collection of holsters for them, but the SSII stands out as the most comfortable/durable/overall nice rig.

Ditto on the Summer Special. With a good gun belt, it's a comfortable all-day carry even for a big gun like the 1911.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I mainly OWB in a Alessi CQB.
    I had both the Milt Sparks SSII and the VMII if I do go IWB I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck, Body shape and carry position effect comfort as well as the indiviual holster ie what works for me might not work for you.

I find the Hybrids very comfortable, I'm also a fan of N82 tactical. I think they get underestimated but the 1911 guys seem to think there extremely comfortable as well

Sparks SSII or Versa Max. Game over.

I use a Sparks VMII for my Commander sized 1911, but am looking into the Summer Special after hearing such good things about them. I used a crossbreed before with an LC9 and MUCH prefer the Sparks. The large leather piece on the CBST would move too much and the slim profile of the Sparks allows it to stay put more so than the hybrid on my love handles!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links