M&P Shield Holsters!

This is a discussion on M&P Shield Holsters! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my Shield for about 2 months and when I bought it I ordered two holsters a Fobus PPS Paddle holster and a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P Shield Holsters!

M&P Shield Holsters!

I have had my Shield for about 2 months and when I bought it I ordered two holsters a Fobus PPS Paddle holster and a Desantis Scabbard w/Thumb Break. The Desantis was on backorder and so I began using the Fobus. Awesome holster hands down, flexible with clothing and comfort to match. Well today I am pleased to announce the Desantis arrived, really excited from the reviews of this holster. Initial impressions, this is a top quality leather holster with a retention screw. I checked fitment and put it on my belt. It holds nice and snug against my body in a very concealing manner. The thumb break is very user friendly and reholstering is a one hand operation as the holster is molded to the gun. It is a 3 hole allowing me to choose between two levels of cant for comfort and concealment.

I will test this new Desantis holster over the weekend and report back on my field experience. I paid $52.99 for it on Amazon.

2. Remove Ads

M&P Shield Holsters!

sioux565 likes this.

Nice looking holster!

Sponsor

Re: M&P Shield Holsters!

Pretty sweet looking! Not a bad price either. Do you know the angle of cant on it?

If you are ever in need of IWB check out SHTF Gear holsters.

http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-M...P-SHIELD#intro

Clay

If you're ever interested in IWB, check out Theis Holsters. Works great with my Shield. OWB, still experimenting.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

M&P Shield Holsters!

Update:

I've had it on now for about 12 hours. I must say, I'm in love. The exterior is buffed smooth and shiny leather. My coat and other clothing glides right over it and does not get hung up or caught. It is tight to my body, I can't stress enough how concealable this holster is. Also forgot to mention it rides high too, love that. The two cant settings are Zero and I believe 25*, not sure on the second one but as a machinist I'll bet that's pretty close.

Like I said in my first post I also carry a Fobus Paddle and love that too.

i have a owb holster for my shield with good forward cant degree, it conceals very well and rides high. I really want to sell it and buy a solid leather holster.. if anyone is interested

XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I have been trying to find a comfy holster for my shield. I have a DeSantis IWB right now and am no crazy about its comfort. I wear my shirts untucked so I'm thinking that maybe I'm more of a OWB guy. For work I am sitting in a car a lot and don't want to take the gun in and out of the holster when I'm getting out for gas, the bathroom or to see a customer.

Thoughts and ideas?

VIP Member
    I dig my FoxX Trapp IWB holster made in Detroit. Great product, great quality, and great customer service. I'm wearing it right now and don't even know it's there. Here's a pic. Shield is on the left in the FoxX Trapp. M&P FS 9mm on the right in the Little FoxX

IMG_5180.jpg
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I'm interested in the N82 brand of holsters for my Shield. Is anyone carrying a Shield in one of these currently?

M&P Shield Holsters!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    I have been trying to find a comfy holster for my shield. I have a DeSantis IWB right now and am no crazy about its comfort. I wear my shirts untucked so I'm thinking that maybe I'm more of a OWB guy. For work I am sitting in a car a lot and don't want to take the gun in and out of the holster when I'm getting out for gas, the bathroom or to see a customer.

Thoughts and ideas?
    The scabbard I displayed was worn for about 4 hours in the car yesterday. Very comfortable, very secure. I also wear the Fobus in the car as well and don't hate it.

M&P Shield Holsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
    I'm interested in the N82 brand of holsters for my Shield. Is anyone carrying a Shield in one of these currently?
    Haven't seen one in person yet for any gun! Would love to hear some experiences with it.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    I dig my FoxX Trapp IWB holster made in Detroit. Great product, great quality, and great customer service. I'm wearing it right now and don't even know it's there. Here's a pic. Shield is on the left in the FoxX Trapp. M&P FS 9mm on the right in the Little FoxX

IMG_5180.jpg
    i have been looking at these holsters, i have the foxx iwb hybrid i use for my xdsc and sometimes i can forget it is there
    srings likes this.
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post

IMG_5180.jpg
    Where do you carry it when you carry in this holster? I am new. I don't have my CHL yet but I am looking for holsters and things so that I will be ready when I can save up enough to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Where do you carry it when you carry in this holster? I am new. I don't have my CHL yet but I am looking for holsters and things so that I will be ready when I can save up enough to get one.
    Generally you carry them inside your waist band and behind your hip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links