Please advise. I need help. - Page 2

Please advise. I need help.

This is a discussion on Please advise. I need help. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rocky Link does not open, but I agree with others. Fobus next to useless. maybe as a range holster, but nothing more. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please advise. I need help.

Holsters by people from this site and others

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Link does not open, but I agree with others. Fobus next to useless. maybe as a range holster, but nothing more. I think if you try a holster from one of the makers here or a different high quality maker you will be amazed.
    Do you think if I get a holster for my HK USP 45 that it would also fit a Sig with the same barrell length (up to 4 inches)? Trying to decide on both holster and gun. Haven't made up my mind yet about keeping the HK or getting a Sig.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback.
    The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance

wj
    Go with Fist IWB. I have never had a problem.

While we are on this subject -- IWB or OTHER??

Quote Originally Posted by wj View Post
    Go with Fist IWB. I have never had a problem.
    That is my final question. What is the most comfortable carry method? I am planning to wear a VERY oversized shirt whenever I am carrying. In the fall and winter a long coat over that. For summer...maybe a 5xl T shirt. I am wondering if it would be too easy to spot the gun in an OWB or on the belt holster vs. the IWB.
    Any thoughts on that? (We are talking a 4 inch semi auto -- not a really "slender" or thin gun though).

Thanks much to everyone here on this forum.
    The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance

This site may help you.

http://www.spw-duf.info/holster.html

I don't wear an IWB holster - too uncomfortable - but if I did, the "Cozy Partner" by DeSantis looks like a winner!

Lead Moderator
    OWB is more comfortable.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Hmm, I am going to buck the trend here and say I like the Fobus plastic IWB holster. I wear it at the 4o'clock posit, and it works for me. My Glock 27 is near invisible with my everyday wear(polo shirt and shorts). I wanted a holster that had a hard covering around the trigger and good retention. For now the Fobus fits that bill. I dont have a problem with the holster holding on to the gun or it not staying fastened to my clothing as was stated by previous posters, guess I am the exception. Once I put it on in the morning, it stays in place and never moves. On my practice draws, I come out nearly as fast as my tactical holster, only thing slowing me down being the need to pull shirt up to get at weapon. I also had a worker try to pull the weapon out of holster like he was trying to steal it, he could not get it out. Weapon has to be drawn straight up to clr holster. That could be your problem, maybe you are trying to pull out at an angle. That being said, I am 5'10" 195lb, stocky frame I guess, but the Fobus works for me at this time.

SY

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTHall49 View Post
    I am embarrassed to admit this, but am among friends here....
    so here is the problem. My first time having an inside the waistband Fobus holster. Wearing it around the house, and practicing drawing my gun, I almost always end up drawing the holster out of my pants with the gun still in the holster. Sounds crazy I guess, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    I tried one of those a long time back. Guess what? I could never get it right either. It's been in the bottom of the drawer for a log time now. If anyone want's one of these creatures for a Glock 23, PM me I'll give it to you.

The pic you posted looks like the fobus holster I got while I was waiting on a custom holster. If that's the case, there's a tension screw that can be adjusted. If i recall, it's been awhile, mine came to tight and had to be adjusted. My biggest problem with the fobus holster was that it tilted the butt of the gun away from by body. This was probably because I'm a bit over weight. Because of that, I have to wear a very over-sized cover garment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links