New Remora holster with a full sweat shield

This is a discussion on New Remora holster with a full sweat shield within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my new Remora with sweat shield. I wore it out with jeans tonight and it was very comfortable. I then tried to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Remora holster with a full sweat shield

Distinguished Member

I just received my new Remora with sweat shield. I wore it out with jeans tonight and it was very comfortable. I then tried to wear it around the house with a pair of gym shorts that I tied just to see how it would do. Sure enough the holster stayed in place and was remarkably comfortable.

Kudos to Remora! I can see this becoming my every day holster.
    guitarzNgunz and mano3 like this.

2. Remove Ads

My wife ordered me a remora for v-day unfortunately it hasn't came in yet. I cant wait to try it out. Glad to hear you like it.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

What size gun were you carrying?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    My wife ordered me a remora for v-day unfortunately it hasn't came in yet. I cant wait to try it out. Glad to hear you like it.
    Contrary to some who have complained, I find the Remora to be exactly what it says it is. I do not like wearing a belt on anything. Actually I am retired so I do not even wear pants or shorts that could use a belt. It is drawstrings for me everyday, be them sweats or those nylon-type gym pants or shorts. If you place the Remora correctly and tighten the drawstring, the holster stays in place. The other great advantage that I have found gets around complaints on these forums about being CC and being in your car with the holster poking you in an uncomfortable manner. With the Remora not being "tied down" due to a belt or a clip, I can adjust it just enough in the car so that it does not bother me and then readjust before exiting car. In SC, at least, the only way I can have a clear and unimpeded access to my firearm is for it to be CC on my body--it cannot be lying on the seat or under a paper or under/next to the seat; it has to be in the glove/console or trunk of the car--not exactly on your finger tips. Hope your Remora works out as well as mine.

i love my remora. my xdm 3.8 compact w/the 19rnd mag is snugly inside my gym shorts as i write this. and it'll remain there all day. i had the full sweat shield for the defender i had just because there's so much to gouge you on a 1911. but when i explained to remora that the only thing i think bothers me on the xdm is the sharp rear sight, they suggested just the half sweat shield. i love it!! the sights are deep within the holster but the entire grip is out in the open. feels easier/quicker than with the full to me. either way, congrats! i'm glad i tried them out before i acquired the "drawer full of holsters" problem.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    What size gun were you carrying?
    I carry a Kahr PM9, so it is admittedly pretty small.

Another Remora lover here.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

I love mine so far. Glad I got sweat shield option. Gives it more surface are to stick? I like that I can take it off in car and put it back on easily! I don't like wearing a belt either so I just buy the next pant size width and it all fits perfectly
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

The Remora is a nice holster. My only complaint is that you can't really wear it against your bare skin. It's very irritating. (Or, maybe I just have girly skin!)
    RookWV likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I am glad I found out about the Remora before I bought any of the other IWB holsters. I wound up buying one for all of my guns. I had a Crossbreed but I gave it to my son after finding the Remora.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

I have remoras for my sp-100 and my 38 lcr I have a problem with skin contact in the hot weather, it causes a rash . I now carry iaw with an Ace case holsters. I just recieved 2 for $25.00 in soft leather, free shipping. I carry iaw at the 5 o'clock position they are practically undectectable and very comfortable. I do find the remoras very handy for walking in sweats and shorts in cool weather.

Rich

Has anyone compared Remora to the version made by DeSantis? I use the DeSantis and will try the Remora if it is more comfortable or stable.

I just received my first Remora a couple days ago for my Sig P938. Also has the sweat shield. I'm not much for IWB holsters; never can get comfortable. I'll reserve comment until I wear it more; but by far the most comfortable I've ever used. Was pleasantly surprised on how well it stays in position. Think I'm gonna like it!!!

I too have a Remora and love it! It has become my EDC holster beating out the CrossBreed SuperTuck, Galco and other high end holsters. I have the 6ART-SS for my S&W M&P 40c the ART stands for Artemis cut or better known as combat cut and the SS is the sweat shield. I got the partial sweat shield to protect my skin from the aggressive slide serrations on the M&P. I also have the new Remora-Hyde feature it's a leather liner and I have to say it's well worth the extra $10. It makes the holster thinner than the standard liner. I couldn't be happier with this holster I just ordered a dual mag holster and a pair of single mag holsters on Friday and I can't wait to get them and try them out. Alan and Remora have the best customer service and are great to deal with.

Use a Remora daily with a full size Glock, it's comfortable and stays put.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links