Anyone heard of StealthgearUSA holsters?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard of StealthgearUSA holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the expensive and time consuming quest to find a comfortable, quality, IWB holster I found the ONYX from StealthgearUSA. Stealthgear has made a holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone heard of StealthgearUSA holsters?

In the expensive and time consuming quest to find a comfortable, quality, IWB holster I found the ONYX from StealthgearUSA. Stealthgear has made a holster that took the dual clip leather with kydex style holster to the next level. The biggest difference between the ONYX and others is that the ONYX uses breathable Vortex material and padding, so there's no more sweat building up due to hot skin on leather like other IWB holsters. I've been wearing the ONYX with my M&P40c for about 3 months now, and this is hands down the most comfortable IWB holster that i've used. Breathable material, padded, adjustable positioning, and lightweight.

Check them out at stealthgearusa, and on facebook too. I know that they have a discount code going right now of, "carry on", for 10% off.

If anyone has any questions about this holster hit me up, I wear mine all day everyday. I've even taken naps and not felt the firearm and rig at all. I used a Crossbreed Supertuck for several years, and never had any complaints. This ONYX takes it to a whole new level of comfort that I wouldn't have though existed.

I can't seem to upload my photos at the moment; I'll try again later.

-SAMI
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Depending on how it holds up over time, it looks like a decent idea. However, it is w-a-a-y overpriced.
    D_FIN and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Depending on how it holds up over time, it looks like a decent idea. However, it is w-a-a-y overpriced.
    What he said! $99 bucks, wow!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

By the time you do a Crossbreed with horsehide leather and combat cut, you're at $92. For a ventilated material, if the holster is well made overall, and I'll assume it is since it has a "lifetime warranty", $99 is not totally outrageous in my opinion.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

VIP Member
    Well it sure does look very well made, so I'll give them that.

I try not to knock small business prices when I don't know how much time/material costs go into their product, but I'm going to sort of agree with the others; at least insomuch as they'd probably enjoy a larger potential market if they were a little closer in price to the other offerings for similar products. Maybe their material cost or production time doesn't allow for that though, so it may not be possible.

Looks like a cool idea (pardon the pun) though.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Gents, pay once cry once. The holsters from Steathgear are solid rigs, and worth the green. Obviously that's my opinion, which is based on2.5yrs using a CB ST that I loved. I never considered it to be uncomfortable, or lacking. I swapped my EDC tool and tried out the ONYX; I believe I've found the best holster to combine true comfort, optimum craftsmanship, purpose built, and perfect fit.

I am biased towards the ONYX, but I've had and used my fair share of holsters. This is the one that gets a nod from me.
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Went to site and looked at product. Yes, $99 is a bit pricey. I am also a little bit leery whenever the instructions say to keep the product out of the sun. All in all, it looks like a viable product. I guess time will tell.

The problem I ran into immediately is that they do not make holsters for any of my pistols, and only one of my revolvers. I guess they need to mature a little before I could consider them. Another thing I noticed is that it looks like there are only two positioning holes at each end of the holster. I wonder if that will be enough?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Went to site and looked at product. Yes, $99 is a bit pricey. I am also a little bit leery whenever the instructions say to keep the product out of the sun. All in all, it looks like a viable product. I guess time will tell.

The problem I ran into immediately is that they do not make holsters for any of my pistols, and only one of my revolvers. I guess they need to mature a little before I could consider them. Another thing I noticed is that it looks like there are only two positioning holes at each end of the holster. I wonder if that will be enough?
    If you look at the picture of the back of the holster you'll see three sets of holes for clip position.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

That looks like the same material that's used in the chest pad in my Klim motorcycle jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    If you look at the picture of the back of the holster you'll see three sets of holes for clip position.
    Oops! I forgot to look at the Gallery. I emailed them to let me know when my firearms are added to their repertoire, and I will give it more consideration.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by DrLax View Post
    That looks like the same material that's used in the chest pad in my Klim motorcycle jacket.
    I was just thinking that the material looks like some of the same stuff that's in both of my chest protectors (dirt bike & ice hockey).

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I emailed them to let me know when my firearms are added to their repertoire, and I will give it more consideration.
    Me too.

I'm waiting on an ONYX for an LCR w/ crimson trace for my old man. I've talked with the guys at Stealthgear, and they have a large order of blue guns set to cone in any day. So I know that they will have numerous new models going into production late this week or early next week.
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Anybody got actual carry pics?

So they've got a pretty website, I can't find a bad review searching google or bing, but for the life of me I can't find a picture with somebody actually wearing the ONYX holster. I'm really liking what I see, and living in the middle of Arizona you can imagine a breathable holster is very high on my list of accessories, anybody help me out with a pictuer or 10?

Thanks!

ok, this thread is kinda dead, but I gotta say this is the holster im going to be buying in the next week! i talked with many people at the gun show, and they all love theirs. i have tried on the cross breed super tuck, and it is not NEARLY as comfortable as the ONYX. at my local gun shop in SLC, many employees have ditched their IWB holsters and CBST for the ONYX. and they are much more adjustable than the CBST or comparable holsters. I guess i am also a bit biased, i do love supporting local Utah products!

It does look interesting. The leather/kydex hybrids do get a bit sweaty, especially in hot weather. Looks like a good option. It seems overpriced to me but as the OP said, "buy once cry once".
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links