Received my new C-TAC today and then it happened

This is a discussion on Received my new C-TAC today and then it happened within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was so excited when UPS delivered my new IWB C-TAC. Acting like a kid on X-MAS morning, I ripped the package open with a ...

Thread: Received my new C-TAC today and then it happened

I was so excited when UPS delivered my new IWB C-TAC. Acting like a kid on X-MAS morning, I ripped the package open with a smile on my face ear to ear. Then it happened, to my surprise and to my wife\'s giggle, I discovered I had a major problem which took that smile off my face. Me and the hoster can not fit in the same pants at the same time.

Maybe I need a skinner hoster and skinner gun that are about 1/2 inch or less wide.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have not heard of a holster thinner than a C-TAC. The standard compensation is to get pants with a waist size 1 inch bigger than required. New pants will probably be cheaper than a new holster AND a new pistol.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Maybe this is the motivation you need to go on a diet?

VIP Member
    When you wash your jeans, pull at the waistline while they\'re still wet. You can leave them stretched out around a chair back or have some other object like a piece of broomstick to keep them stretched out as they dry. (There is a jeans stretcher marketed out there somewhere). As the jeans dry, ta-dah - you\'ve got an extra inch or so. :)

I have the same holster. Although it worked in my regular pants, going 1 inch larger was more comfortable and as Trader stated, much cheaper than the alternative. :)

Well guys and ladies,

I think I need to lose some waist line. My ego will not handle going up the a size 38 pants. Surely, the concept is not to have a waist line to match the gun you carry. I would hate to one day to buy a 45.

i ran into this with my Hk fullsize and a gcode... now the gcode isnt a small holster neither is a Hk usp .. i wore it most the summer IWB with shorts comfortable ... Pants same size as shorts wont fit the gun talk about a pain i swear pants makers are making sizes smaller i bougth 2 pair same size as ones i had on and man there little tight

I went through the same thing. So that I can carry with my old jeans, I just leave the button undone, the zipper up and the belt snug enough to keep my pants on. Of course you probably don\'t wanna do this with a tucked in shirt or you\'ll look like a goon, but with an untucked shirt it works. I\'m not goin anywhere without my gun and I don\'t wanna throw out perfectly good jeans.;)

My jeans are size 36 waist, before I got my C-Tac I went out and bought 3 pairs of 38 inch jeans. It makes all the difference in the world. I spend all sorts of money on other carry accessories, so I told myself why not buy some comfortable pants.

Originally posted by Jacob Lee
    I have the same holster. Although it worked in my regular pants, going 1 inch larger was more comfortable and as Trader stated, much cheaper than the alternative. :)
    Use a Club, you know, one of those things used to lock your steering wheel on your car.

Originally posted by clubsoda22
    Maybe this is the motivation you need to go on a diet?
    No disrespect Trader.
    I will say that very similar experience is what finally caused me to start the reduced food intake thing.

\'mule

Lead Moderator
    keep it up, yer making me feel good about wearing size 34 waist with my pistol IWB.:) Only problem is my Desantis Tuck holster doesn\'t carry well with too loose of wait or baggy pants.

Links