Carrying a Glock 19

This is a discussion on Carrying a Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19 that I like 15 rounds, has never failed to fire but when I carry it on my belt whick is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carrying a Glock 19

Carrying a Glock 19

I have a Glock 19 that I like 15 rounds, has never failed to fire but when I carry it on my belt whick is where it needs to be to do me any good it's heavy enough that I have to pull my pants up 1000 time a day. Am I doing something wrong. I am using a holster from Chiefjason here on the fourm. Give me some help.

Tom

2. Remove Ads

A 19 is not a large or overtly heavy gun. Depending on your frame and what you wear, you may consider a IWB or shoulder rig. Good luck.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Get a nice, thick leather gun belt. Opticsplanet.com has Galco SB2s for about $65 and free shipping. That's hard to beat.

A good belt is an essential piece of equipment. You did not mention what belt you wear, so you may have already tried this, but if you haven't it may change your experience, it did for me anyways.

I wear a Wilderness Instructor belt, but there are many other good ones as well.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    What type of belt are you using? More times than not an issue with carrying a pistol/concealment/discomfort comes from forcing a pants belt into the role of a gun belt. A purpose designed, stiff gun belt may solve your issues.

VIP Member
    Sorry if this sounds rude but, tighten your belt.

Unless you are carrying a small sub-compact or a snub nose revolver, you are going to have to adjust how tight you wear your belt. Trust me, it won't kill you.

If you find that it still doesn't work, you may want to consider a different belt (you are using an actual gun belt, right???). There is always adding suspenders but, frankly, a G19 just shouldn't need them.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Carrying a Glock 19

Get a Wilderness Tactical belt. I carried a G19 with it and I never had to pull my pants up.

VIP Member
    I have a Cleveland's Hoster no problem with the G-19 or G-26. I get the next size up pants and a good heavy thick leather belt. The leather is broke in and I don't notice it. I will admit I carry the G-26 a bit more.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I'm gonna guess tightening your belt is the answer. Maybe a gunbelt.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Carrying a Glock 19

Maybe squats or biscuits....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

I didn't say what belt I am useing because I don't have a true gun belt yet. I just had weight loss surgery on Jan 14 and am dropping weight like crazy 45lbs sence then and have 75 still to loose so I thought I would wate till I get where I am going before I spend the money. And I truly didn't know it would make that much difference but now I know and will get one as soon as I reach my goal weight. Till then I'll just have to pull my pants up.

Thanks
    Tom

Suspenders.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have suspenders and will wear them tomorrow.

Which Wilderness belt the $40.00 or thr $95.00? I don't care just want to get the one that works.

Tom

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Tntom, an instructor's belt may be your answer then. Check out Wilderness's Instructor and Frequent Flyer belts, they offer quite a bit of adjustment due to their design and the excess gets velcroed over onto itself. I prefer their 5 stitch with polymer reinforced insert.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links