Get a gun belt!!!!

Get a gun belt!!!!

This is a discussion on Get a gun belt!!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; WOW, I just received my Gun Belt from A&G Leather (Which is awesome to deal with btw), and I do NOT KNOW what took me ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Get a gun belt!!!!

Get a gun belt!!!!

WOW, I just received my Gun Belt from A&G Leather (Which is awesome to deal with btw), and I do NOT KNOW what took me so long. The Belt is very well built and STRONG. I honestly lets me conceal my OWB crossbreed snap-slide better. The problem with my non-gun belt was that the weight of the gun (Glock 26) it would tilt outward, causing the grip to poke out a little. With this new stronger gun belt I don't have to wear belt so tight and my overall comfort level of concealing both owb and iwb is GREATLY improved.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

VIP Member
    Yup. Heavy guns get lighter, light guns disappear, and you don't have to tug at your britches all the time.

Good, stiff gun belts are a must.

Welcome to the fold.

I have yet to see an off-the rack belt that functions as well as a purpose-made gun belt for supporting a serious gun and holster.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Re: Get a gun belt!!!!

Agreed. I recently got my 5.11 instructor belt and have been wearing it ever since I pulled it out of the box. I've been wearing it to work and school and it's amazing how big of a difference a solid belt makes over a walmart clearance item.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

I'm into the nylon gun belts but I want to get a leather one to look more classy.

it is awesome I have rosen belts that are 20 years old still look great.

VIP Member
    Link to their site? What is a good deal on one? thanks
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Mind if I ask what they are going for? I love my Beltman belt, and while pricey, I definitely feel they are worth every penny if not more. Nothing like a good belt. I am VERY thankful my Dad did not have a real gun belt, I would have died.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I bought the QUICK SHIP version instead of CUSTOM one. Here is their website. They are 79$ but to me worth every penny.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

This is what a good belt should do!
    Attached Images
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Looks good! I was just as amazed the after getting a gun belt. I carried with a normal department store belt for four years before I get a "real" belt. Haha.
    Night and day difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    This is what a good belt should do!
    LOL. You don't ask much! :). I have 2 Galco belts coming today. Looking forward to it. I've always thought pretty highly of my regular belt, but as soon as I started carrying, I realized that heavy-duty well-made leather does not necessarily equal "gun-ready." We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by DesignDawg View Post
    LOL. You don't ask much! :). I have 2 Galco belts coming today. Looking forward to it. I've always thought pretty highly of my regular belt, but as soon as I started carrying, I realized that heavy-duty well-made leather does not necessarily equal "gun-ready." We shall see!
    Ya I know. But I too bought a plain heavy duty leather belt that still wasn't as good as the one i just got from A&G leather.
    Pyzik likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

The store-bought "heavy duty" belts will hold the gun and holster in place... for a while. It is all about how often you want to replace that $20 belt. I'll spend less over time with one dedicated gun belt than those who have to buy three or four (or more) of the others in the same time period.

You have to be smart about these things!
    Pyzik likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    WOW, I just received my Gun Belt from A&G Leather (Which is awesome to deal with btw), and I do NOT KNOW what took me so long. The Belt is very well built and STRONG. I honestly lets me conceal my OWB crossbreed snap-slide better. The problem with my non-gun belt was that the weight of the gun (Glock 26) it would tilt outward, causing the grip to poke out a little. With this new stronger gun belt I don't have to wear belt so tight and my overall comfort level of concealing both owb and iwb is GREATLY improved.
    I agree. Have 2 A&G belts and they're great. Plus Al is a super guy to deal with.

Just sent back my older one to have 2 more holes added as I've lost some weight and Al only wanted me to pay for the return shipping - he wouldn't take anything for adding the two new holes. If I lose more weight ill have him shorten the entire belt then - which still a very reasonable $15 charge. Love A&G Custom Gun Leather!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links