Best gunbelt

This is a discussion on Best gunbelt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my new gunbelt and was truly suprized at the guilty and workmanship. It was more than I expected, and he states that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best gunbelt

Red face Best gunbelt

I just received my new gunbelt and was truly suprized at the guilty and workmanship. It was more than I expected, and he states that their might be workmanship flaws in it, it was perfect. I would recommend Handcrafted Gunbelts to all. He is retired and doze great work. His web site is [url]WWW.jbgunbelts.com.
    Attached Images
    bigdrowe likes this.

2. Remove Ads

How much $?

If you don't mind me asking

Re: Best gunbelt

I will keep my eyes on this thread. I want to get a gun belt, but don't have the money right now...will probably go with something cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    How much $?

If you don't mind me asking
    Only $58.00 including shipping. His name is Jerry Bissell phone # 336-374-8388.

looks like a good belt. does it twist any when you got it on? how well does it hold up after a long day?
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Bissel belts

I have two of these. Finish on one is not perfect, just as Jerry says, but the black one was perfect, must have slipped through quality control. All joking aside, I really like them, been wearing both for months now. They are darn sure GUN belts. Thick, heavy, but perfectly comfortable all day every day. I have good belts like Beltman, but these make them look flimsy. Amazing how a good belt can make a good holster great and a great one perfect.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I have two of these. Finish on one is not perfect, just as Jerry says, but the black one was perfect, must have slipped through quality control. All joking aside, I really like them, been wearing both for months now. They are darn sure GUN belts. Thick, heavy, but perfectly comfortable all day every day. I have good belts like Beltman, but these make them look flimsy. Amazing how a good belt can make a good holster great and a great one perfect.
    I am with sheepdog, great belt very stiff. Jerry is a good man to do business with, one man operation truly hand made.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I really like them, been wearing both for months now. They are darn sure GUN belts. Thick, heavy, but perfectly comfortable all day every day. I have good belts like Beltman, but these make them look flimsy. Amazing how a good belt can make a good holster great and a great one perfect.
    I've got a couple of the Beltman double-hide belts. And I carried with a Kramer double-hide belt for years. The Kramer was much, much stiffer, though it quickly got uncomfortable during the day. Still, there's no question it carried larger/heavier holstered guns better, with less fatigue.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    Those look very nice! Also check out Rigid Holsters www.rigidholsters.com very well reviewed and built gun belts.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Those look very nice! Also check out Rigid Holsters www.rigidholsters.com very well reviewed and built gun belts.
    Link: https://www.facebook.com/RidgidHolsters
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Those are nice. I can't speak highly enough about Crossbreed belts. I just got two a few weeks ago and they are awesome! Quality is excellent/rugged. Feel is outstanding. And the look is simple, clean and professional.

Gun Belt | CrossBreed® Holsters - Gun Belts
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Are any of these belts mention so far contour cut? Or just straight cut?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I bought a red wing belt made in the usa for $36.00. built like a tank and supports my holsters great..

I've been meaning to post a review of my JB belts. Briefly: Jerry made 2 for me recently
    1) a SINGLE layer of leather that goes through the loops of my docker type pants that I wear as a professional. Very nice belt, plenty stiff for my IWB Sig 238 carry. The single layer allows me to thread the belt tongue back into the belt loops. A double would not allow that.
    2) a HYBRID SINGLE layer (in front) and DOUBLE layer in the back. Stiffer than the single layer where the gun carried, but single layer in front so the belt tongue can thread back into the belt loops. Seems like the perfect solution to me for OWB in semi-dress pants, or IWB with a heavy gun

I'm not leather expert but workmanship-wise the belts look very good to me. They fit well into my business casual environment and draw no attention. They don't have a 'tactical' look at all. Mine both have a double row of stitching, but I'm sure Jerry would make a single stitched for a bit more formal look.

Each was $55, and I'm quite satisfied.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    They look like nice belts. I would recommend Simply Rugged products to anyone who wants good handcrafted leather at an excellent price. Rob makes either a thick single layer (which I own, and is a great combo of stiffness and usability) or a laminated double layered belt.

Simply Rugged Holsters ? Holsters, Gun Belts, Ammo Pouches and Accessories
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links