For those cc'ing Revolvers only please

This is a discussion on For those cc'ing Revolvers only please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What method (holster) do you use to CC your Revolver?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: For those cc'ing Revolvers only please

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

For those cc'ing Revolvers only please

What method (holster) do you use to CC your Revolver?
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

my S&W 642 Airweight J-frame lives in a Galco horsehide pocket holster. also a Bianchi Speed Strip in a Galco 2x2x2, and sometimes a Safariland Comp I Speedloader as well.

my S&W 66, 2.5" is carried OWB in the 3:30 o'clock position in a Kramer horsehide Vertical Scabbard, with two to four HKS Speedloaders in Safariland spring steel holders at 2 o'clock.

my S&W 625, 3" is carried OWB at 4 o'clock in a Kramer horsehide Belt Scabbard with two to four loaded moonclips carried at 2 o'clock in spring steel carriers from Dillon (i don't remember the maker's name).

i have some fine-motor control problems with my left hand, and since a revolver's speedloader is typically handled with the right hand (i'm right-handed), i prefer not to have to transfer the speedloader from left hand to the right hand during a revolver reload. hence my 2 o'clock carry of spare ammo, which is a bit less concealed.

VIP Member
    Galco royal guard for 642 (or any jframe) iwb
    Galco concealable belt holster for 642 for owb carry (with untucked shirt)
    Wrb or uncle mikes pocket holster for 642 pocket carry

...AIWB at 1 or 2 oclock...just hipwards of my primary....

back in the early 70's my j-frame was in a shoulder holster on the job. then in the late 80's and most of the 90's it was in a ankle holster and/or rubber bands around the butt and stuck in my pants as my backup. then i found the clip draw. now that all i need. one speed strip in my pocket and i am good to go.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

The J frame rides in a Wild Bill's Pocket Packer Premium, with a detachable flat flap that nicely breaks up the gun's outline - looks like a wallet in my pocket.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    For the S&W J-Frame the Milt Sparks PMK is at the very top of the heap for OWB revolver carry.

Get yourself on the waiting list. I don't know of anybody that owns one and does not think that it is incredible. But, if you did buy one and didn't like it - you could offer one for sale for the amount you paid for it and it would be sold in a heartbeat.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Paddle holster.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

...I could carry OWB if the holster'd hold the butt in close...this one seems to do that...I'm going to get on the list...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    For the S&W J-Frame the Milt Sparks PMK is at the very top of the heap for OWB revolver carry.

Get yourself on the waiting list. I don't know of anybody that owns one and does not think that it is incredible. But, if you did buy one and didn't like it - you could offer one for sale for the amount you paid for it and it would be sold in a heartbeat.

SP101 2.4 I carry in a milt sparks summer special or a remora while driving use it cross draw, S&WMod 60 in a hayesleather patriot OWB, 642 just trow in my pocket speed strips
    Goldy49 and molleur like this.

I have lots of holsters for carrying my favorite revolvers. My favorite revolver is a bit larger than most folks want to deal with for concealed carry these days. It's a 4-inch Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel which is of course built on the K-Frame and weighs 34 ounces. The following holsters are on hand for carrying it.

Field/Belt holster: Smith & Wesson Model 21
    High-Rise Belt Holster: Bucheimer Federal Man
    Shoulder Holster: Bianchi X-15
    Inside-the-Wastband Holster: Holsters Unlimited (from the UK)

These holsters can also accommodate any other 4-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolver.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

S&W 642 appendix inside the waistband(tuckable).........

https://acecase.com/gun-holsters/
    Snub44 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

LCR in an rkbaholsters.com pocket holster. And occasionaly the LCR in a Mitch Hume OWB from the shopruger.com site.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...I could carry OWB if the holster'd hold the butt in close...this one seems to do that...I'm going to get on the list...thanks!
    It's a holster that my Wife carries in constantly. It is going on a few years old already and is still as incredible as it was on Day One.

I have used it also occasionally and a J Frame disappears under just an untucked T Shirt. I never wear a vest as a cover garment and neither does my Wife.

I just cannot praise this holster highly enough.

Absolutely the only problem with owning one is waiting for it to arrive. But, there is no company with company integrity that surpasses Milt Sparks. If you get on the list (follow the instructions on their web site) You will get your holster. They do not accept more orders than holsters that they can produce...and they do not charge your Credit Card until your holster is ready to ship.

One thing that Tony K. hates though is folks that order their holsters and then scalp them for double or triple the original cost on places like Ebay.

If Tony catches a customer doing that...that person will be black balled from ever placing a holster order again and Sparks has a knack for figuring out which folks are doing that.

Sparks could charge twice or triple their price for their holsters and they would STILL have a waiting list...but, Tony wants their holsters to remain affordable to everybody and for that reason they have never jacked their prices way up to what THEY COULD sell them for.

People have asked: "Are Milt Sparks holsters really WORTH the wait?"

The short answer is: "YES, They Are."

If you buy a PMK and you do not like it for any reason PM me & I will instantly buy it for what you paid for it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I carry my Taurus 651 aka J Frame in a remora most of the time, I also use a glaco paddle light on these cold days.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links