Thanks K&D !

Thanks K&D !

This is a discussion on Thanks K&D ! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so two weeks ago was my birthday , i went to the worlds largest gunshow and bought myself 6 titles on concealed carry . then ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks K&D !

Thanks K&D !

so two weeks ago was my birthday , i went to the worlds largest gunshow and bought myself 6 titles on concealed carry . then last week Mr. Kevin called to let me know my order was near completion .

today i received it , i'm currently sporting a belt, single mag holder,and defender for my springfield 1911 . we are now heeled in the "well" catagorie.

i do not own a decent camera, but have inlaws who love to show off their equipment , now it will be me showing off . so please be patient.

when i bought a gun belt i thought that was good stuff , and it made all the difference in the world as for comfort . today i'm wearing a "gunbelt" for the first time and man the diff between the two is immeasurable.

i have asked Mr. Kevin the artist to place photos of his work for me but , that would slow him down on his orders . so give me a couple of weeks and i'll show what a fat man dressed well looks like .

thanks again kevin
    excellent work
    elance

man I'm getting antsy, I'm just a week or two out on my order.
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

From one Tulsan to another - good pick in holsters and holster maker!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Kevin makes top quality stuff for sure. I'm glad you started out right by getting a quality holster from a top maker. (wish I had ) You'll be more satisfied and comfortable will a really good holster. After you wear this one awhile I bet you start looking around and getting the "itch" to see what else is around.

* Now With Pictures *

first i have been wearing my rig for two months, and my camera and pic skills wain . so my apoligies to Kevin at K&D for not doing it justice,though i'm prouder now of it than when i first received it.

snug as a bug and with her new grips

work shirt one size larger and i went for the xtall which is really too long, but was on sale i bought 3 .

from the side

kevin is a genious perfect cant and height for my pot belly and love handles and hip bones. i can bend over at the waist and the gunbutt doesn't print .

here you can see how the mag pouch had to go at 8:30 so as to not hit the lovehandle . also it fits between the belt loops perfectly . of course my choice of wallet isn't perfect . also note how tight that big 0'l 5" 1911 rides !it's like the gun wraps around my hip.

also i ordered the belt from kevin pretty snazzy . good place to hang the coast tac light as well . dollar store had mp3 player holders ,fit the samsung and razor perfect . for a buck ,i bought them out.

anyway thanks K&D !

elance
    Attached Images
    Last edited by elance; December 20th, 2006 at 11:56 AM.

oh just thought for those wondering i'm medium build , at 5'10" 203# 34" waist , slightly larger belly . carry the 5" 1911 just fine .

elance

VIP Member
    I'm not sure where those links go, but they aren't working. I checked the gallery and didn't see anything either. Just use the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom and you can load them into the thread. Alternatively you could use photobucket or another picture hosting service and link to the pictures.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

couldn't get it to work either - can't wait for the pics!!

Are you saying you received your stuff in two weeks?

I ordered mine in the middle of Sept. and I'm still waiting for my holster. That makes it 3 months now.

I called and talked to Kevin 2 weeks ago to find out the statis. He said he had one ahead of me and he would start on mine Dec. 12.

Well, I called again today and he said he would be starting it this week. He had "another project come up" and mine got pushed back.

I was expecting it to come before xmas but it won't at this point.

I'm sure the quality will be worth it but it sure can be frustating to find out my order got moved back.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Maverick:

No, to the best of my recollection, elance did not receive his order two weeks after placing it. The only time someone would receive an order in a very quick manner would be if I already have the holster made and basically ready to ship. That recently happened for a customer. I had a holster wherein it had actually been made by mistake (left hand vs right hand version). So when that customer called asking for that particular holster, for that particular gun, it was available. There was no one else in line waiting for one.

With respect to our conversation this morning, I told you that I had a project that took longer to complete than anticipated. I did not say that I had another project come up. It was a planned project that was more involved than originally thought. There are others here, in addition to yourself, who are in the same spot as you. We are trying to get caught back up and working on a large number of holsters each day in order to do that. I appreciate your patience (and others) with this. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss it further.
    Last edited by K-Man; December 21st, 2006 at 04:46 AM.

I had a real hard time trying to decide whether I wanted to wait so long for a holster from K&D. When it arrived earlier this week, I immediately knew it was worth the wait and something that I will be willing to do again!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Kevin,
    I stand corrected. I must have misunderstood what you said.

I hope you can understand the frustration of thinking my holster would be here by now and then find out it hasn't been started.

I've been wearing this stupid Uncle Mike's holster and counting the weeks until I get my high quality holster from you.

Maybe you should post in this forum when things are getting behind and to expect to have a turn around up to 3 months until you get caught up. We would totally understand.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Maverick - I have 6 of his holsters now, and trust me- they are worth the wait!!

I`m on the list too,for a pair of custom holsters. Sure I`m anxious but good things come to those who wait. Marcus

My Dakota ?

where,oh where is my dakota,where am I on your list?am i any closer?hope you haven't forgotten about me K-man,sj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links