Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review

This is a discussion on Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recieved my Foxx Holsters Little fox in the mail a few minutes ago, and I wanted to share my initail impressions. Also, check ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review

Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review

I just recieved my Foxx Holsters Little fox in the mail a few minutes ago, and I wanted to share my initail impressions. Also, check out my review of the Foxx Holsters IWB Hybrid....Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.

So as always, I have not been compensated in any form for this review. I purchased the holster myself directly from foxx Holsters. I am not a professional reviewer. I am an average joe who like a great quality product at a great price.

So lets get started.....

My holster arrived in a padded bubble envelope. I ordered it on Thursday last week and received it today, Friday, at noons. Fantastic turnaround time if you ask me. After opening the envelope, i had in my hands my nice and shiny new Foxx Holsters "Little Foxx" IWB Holster. This is a compact IWB, with a wide single clip for a secure fit on a belt. The holster is contructed of a .060 kydex shell riveted to a premium 9 oz leather backing. The clip is constructed of heavy kydex and is designed to fit a 1 1/2" belt up to 1/4" thick. The rivets themselves are flat surfaced for zero snag and optimum comfort. I do not feel them even with my belt pulled super tight. The kydex clip is standard on the little fox as well. The leather is very well constructed IMO. The rough out side has a very nice grip when is place but is not uncomfortable, and has a soft feel to it as well. I opted for the black leather. The edges are well finished with no cut marks, and are burnished an evenly dyed. The outer surface is evenly dyed with no thin spots than I can see. The leather has a smooth tight grain that does not impede drawing from the holster. The Kydex clip is mounted securely with two screws. A slot is cut into the clip to allow for cant adjustment. With the screws tightened I cannot move the clip without risking damge to the holster. Nice and secure

A sight channel is molded into the holster which serves a two fold purpose. It allows an easy draw, and it also allows clearance for the humongous LCI of the ruger SR series pistols. A very nice touch indeed.

I know, everyone wants to know how it feels in the pants ....

The weapon fits a little on the loose side when stuck in the holster without wearing it. This is a design feature of the holster and not a defect. When in place with a belt, the fit is very secure with good retention for most practical purposes. This is not a high retention holster and should not be expected to perform as one. When worn the kydex gives a little under belt pressure, help lock the weapon in place. Another nice touch of the holster is that the holster is cut to not contact the ambidextrous mag release, so there is no worry about an unintentionally released magazine.

Initially I had to find the optimum spot for myself. I like my holsters at 3-5 Oclock. I found I like this holster with an aggressive forward cant right behind my right hip. it fits well under my standard pants I wear, which are a little loose anyway. Wearing it around the house I have noticed no problems with it rotating or moving side my pants. The clip holds my belt securely when moving around. As I write this I am purposely fidgeting to work it loose sitting down, and its not working. The leather backing does a great job of keeping the hard bits of my weapon from poking me and making me angry. Being that it is on the smaller side, the holster really doesnt take up much real estate in my pants. It is reasonably compact in thickness. especially since being thin is not a strong point of my ruger SR40C.

For an initial impression, I am very impressed again. My Hybrid was great, and so is my little foxx. Its still early, but I am confident I will enjoy this holster even more after it is good and broke in.
    Attached Images
    Kennydale likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a quality holster. Also, great pictures! The detail is pretty solid. I'm guessing not done with a camera phone, LOL
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    Looks like a quality holster. Also, great pictures! The detail is pretty solid. I'm guessing not done with a camera phone, LOL
    See 1st pic..

Nice Holster. I almost bought a Foxx but went with another brand.Wish I went with the Foxx. The one I have the Kydex was so tight I could barely get the gun in and getting it out was almost impossible.Reworked the Kydex so much I should of just made the damn holster myself.

Congrats and glad you like the Foxx.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    No not a camera phone lol. As noted you can see my Hot shoe flash ion the reflection in the 1st image lol.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    See 1st pic..

Nice Holster. I almost bought a Foxx but went with another brand.Wish I went with the Foxx. The one I have the Kydex was so tight I could barely get the gun in and getting it out was almost impossible.Reworked the Kydex so much I should of just made the damn holster myself.

Congrats and glad you like the Foxx.
    I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the Foxx holsters. I have found the Kydex to be a perfect fit for just the right amount of retention. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with another brand. Foxx just released an OWB holster that I am eager to get ahold of as well.... I smell another review coming !
    ~Daniel Webster

i have the foxx iwb hybrid for my xdsc and i really like it and it comfortable, i have been considering this little foxx for my S&W shield, but not sure if i should just go with the hybrid from them instead.
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow04 View Post
    i have the foxx iwb hybrid for my xdsc and i really like it and it comfortable, i have been considering this little foxx for my S&W shield, but not sure if i should just go with the hybrid from them instead.
    I had the same debate...my first Foxx holster was for a Kahr CM9, and my ruger is much larger. I am always open to new things so I figured i would give the Little Foxx a whirl. With a 14 day no questions asked return policy, if you dont like you can send it back and exchange it for a a Hybrid. Its still early to pass judgement but I think the little foxx could very easliy be just as much of a winner as the Hybrid.
    ~Daniel Webster

I have been thinking about getting one or two
    little Foxx holsters myself. I am glad you showed us yours and I am glad you have given your honest opinion on this holster.
    I would like to know how it works out for you after you have have wore it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by HroadhogD1 View Post
    I have been thinking about getting one or two
    little Foxx holsters myself. I am glad you showed us yours and I am glad you have given your honest opinion on this holster.
    I would like to know how it works out for you after you have have wore it for a while.
    I spent the afternoon drawing from to check its fit and finish and to wear it in a bit. It requires a firm tug but is smooth and fast with minimal effort. The front sight clears the kydex perfectly, and there is little drag other than the force required to overcome the retention of the holster. I wore it to dinner on a date, and it was quite comfortable while sitting for long periods. I havent gotten to wear AI dont notice, and I am still adjusting to the weight of my Ruger IWb as well, but I am very pleased with its performance. The only concern I have found is that it does seen to be as stable as a hybrid. I account this to the fact it is a single clip centrally placed and not two clips. With that said, it is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it makes it more comfortable when sitting as it allows for some wiggle room and keeps the holster from poking me. Also, it does not move enough to pull a shirt out of position or make it it print, a problem I have had with previous holsters of similar design.

I will continue to update this thread as I time progresses on how the holster is doing and my thoughts on it.
    ~Daniel Webster

Nice Review! I'm still kind of stuck between this and the Hybrid, probably going with the Hybrid for my new SR40c. I've got a pretty good AIWB holster, just needing something for 4:00 carry. Good looking holsters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brig View Post
    Nice Review! I'm still kind of stuck between this and the Hybrid, probably going with the Hybrid for my new SR40c. I've got a pretty good AIWB holster, just needing something for 4:00 carry. Good looking holsters for sure.
    The hybrid is a great holster for sure. I was amazing with my little Kahr CM9. It quick on and off is an issue, I would recommend this over the hybrid, if not I think they both are equally awesome, and only personal preference can decide in the end. I would be more than satisified with either so far, and the hybrid in on my short list.
    ~Daniel Webster

VIP Member
    Yup...totally dig my Little FoxX for my S&W FS9. Couldn't be happier and can't say enough good things about the quality, customer service, and price of this fine little IWB holster.

IMG_5180.jpg

On the left is the Little FoxX and on the right is the FoxX Trapp for my Shield.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I have worn my Little Foxx holster from Foxx Holsters for a week now daily, through thick and thin. It took a few days for it really to feel good but once it did I was very very pleased. It has been a very comfortable holster for all day wear. I have made a few notes on its performance thus far.

1) There is a slight bit of movement when sitting, but not much and I have never found it a problem. I found when sitting down it has some rocking movement as I move. In no way have I found it to be a problem. I have had a holster actually work itself out of my waistband because of this. Over all, I have found it to be a very secure and solid platform.

2) I found the rough backing on the leather a bit rough initially. After a few days It was far more comfortable and I do not notice it. The leather has broken in nicely, and has not bled.
    3) This holster is pretty easy to tuck a shirt into. I am able to do it without undoing my belt, and it only takes a few seconds.

Over all this has been a very great addition to my holster line up. I am looking forward too many good days of carrying with it in the future.
    ~Daniel Webster

Just an update for anyone thinking of ordering, it's been a week (5 working days) and I haven't received shipping confirmation yet. Seems the demand has surpassed the supply. The order confirmation said 4-5 business days for shipping, not complaining...just putting it out there. Website states that orders will ship 3-4 days.....must have a ton of orders right now.

Can't wait to try it out.

EDIT: Just got the email this afternoon that it shipped. Guess I jumped the gun (pun intended) on this.
    Hope it gets here soon!
    Last edited by Brig; March 8th, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: new info

To the OP how has the Little Foxx held up for you? Could we get an update since it's been a little while. I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links