DeSantis pocket holster

DeSantis pocket holster

This is a discussion on DeSantis pocket holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I need a better holster for my pocket carry Ruger LCP.the gun has a crimson trace laser and I found a sticky holster ...

Thread: DeSantis pocket holster

DeSantis pocket holster

I think I need a better holster for my pocket carry Ruger LCP.the gun has a crimson trace laser and I found a sticky holster by DeSantis- dont remember the model but it wasn't high end, maybe $20.

It seems ok, fits the gun and fits in my pocket but...... Its open at the barrel. I thought one of the main reasons for a pocket holster was to prevent lint and stuff from getting in the barrel. Its a small gun so I'm not worried about printing or misfire ( long double action trigger). I guess I could duct tape the opening but thought I'd double check. Can someone reccommend a similar holster that is <$45 thart is closed? Or am I worrying unnecessarily about something that won't really matter.

I have the Desantis nemisis holster for my p-32. Been using for a while it works good for me. They got a newer model of same holster dont know the name its supposed to be a updated version of the nemisis.

I've used a Nemesis for about 6 years now, but I carry a 642 J Frame revolver. Works for me. I tend to blow into it every night to remove any lint that may accumulate. Never been an issue. I find less lint in my open-ended Nemesis than my closed-ended Mika that splits time as my pocket holster.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Or am I worrying unnecessarily about something that won't really matter.
    I wouldn't worry about the lint issue. Removing stuff like that is just part of normal weapons maintenance. I think most of the pocket holsters I've seen are open at the barrel. My DeSantis Nemesis has served me well.

I use a DeSantis Nemesis for a Kimber Solo. I use it for IWB @ 4:30. Does anyone else use it IWB?

Links