Did anyone else have this issue???

This is a discussion on Did anyone else have this issue??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am only about 2 weeks into concealed carrying, and I find myself always pulling on my shirt by pistol, paranoid it is showing. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Did anyone else have this issue???

So I am only about 2 weeks into concealed carrying, and I find myself always pulling on my shirt by pistol, paranoid it is showing. Also, even when I know it's covered, I still feel like someone will see it, and would cause problems for me. Has anyone else had this issue?

Being winter here, I am usually in a hoodie, so big shirt to cover firearm.

I have a Ruger SR40C in a Foxx holster, @ 3 o'clock position. Fits real nice but I feel it shows, knowing it really doesn't.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Everyone goes through that, and it's a habit you'll need to break (and will break) as you become more comfortable.

Cheers
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Your never going to get over it dont worry just send your guns to me no Prob.

VIP Member
    I watched a lot of youtube vids featuring concealed carry before I actually started carrying, and the constant shirt-tail tug was something I immediately noticed, and thus took care to avoid when I started carrying myself.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    When I got married decades ago I would find myself twirling my wedding band. I stopped after a while.

Same thing but entirely different.
    grouse, icemanls2 and B31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    You're never going to get over it don't worry just send your guns to me No Prob.
    Clearly an Outstanding reply Easy8.

I had the same issues as the OP decades ago. Back then I was into 4" 357s. In winter I wore a shoulder rig with an old Army fatigue jacket. Worked like a charm.
    In hot weather I carried smaller guns. Sometimes I would wear my zip front shirt with shoulder rig inside my shirt and under my armpit. Worked like a charm too.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I used to have a problem like that with my fly. But the problem goes away after you realize some folks actually like to see your weapon.

BTW, what is the big deal if someone does get a peek at your weapon? Doesn't seem like that is a crime, is it? I don't think unintentional showing is a crime in Florida.

No, it's not.

In my short time carrying, I am proud of myself for NOT tugging at my shirt. I find that wearing at 3 o'clock helps with printing as does the gun I carry, a beretta nano. I am adjusting my pants a bit though. I think it looks normal but I'll prolly get a gun belt ASAP.

Re: Did anyone else have this issue???

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Your never going to get over it dont worry just send your guns to me no Prob.
    Sure thing...guns are on their way!

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    When I got married decades ago I would find myself twirling my wedding band. I stopped after a while.

Same thing but entirely different.
    Beautiful words of wisdom! Ha ha I actually did laugh reading that!

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    In my short time carrying, I am proud of myself for NOT tugging at my shirt. I find that wearing at 3 o'clock helps with printing as does the gun I carry, a beretta nano. I am adjusting my pants a bit though. I think it looks normal but I'll prolly get a gun belt ASAP.
    Yea, I have been looking into a gun belt or 2 myself. I notice after about 10 min of wearing each day, my pants start to sag from belt stretching.
    Hopefully I can break the habit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I used to have a problem like that with my fly. But the problem goes away after you realize some folks actually like to see your weapon.

BTW, what is the big deal if someone does get a peek at your weapon? Doesn't seem like that is a crime, is it? I don't think unintentional showing is a crime in Florida.
    Lmao... I thought that if concealed, you can't expose it at all...not even accidental. Am I wrong?

Not that I would go around not worrying, but would possibly calm me down a bit.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Do your pulling when you first get out of the car etc to ensure everything's in order. After that there shouldn't be any issues while just normally standing/walking. A cursory pull-down might be needed after bending/kneeling/stretching to ensure your weapon isn't fully exposed for long periods of time.

I had some of the same issues and as others have stated it just takes time to get used to everything.

Yes, you might wanna do a search for gun belt threads and order a new one asap.
    Last edited by wishyouwell; February 24th, 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added info

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrowe View Post

Lmao... I thought that if concealed, you can't expose it at all...not even accidental. Am I wrong?

Not that I would go around not worrying, but would possibly calm me down a bit.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    I don't see how exposing it, whether accidental or not, would be an issue in a state that allows open carry. I wouldn't worry about it from a legal stance.

Re: Did anyone else have this issue???

Alright, thanks everyone

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Kinda did the same thing untill I went with IWB holsters. So now sometimes I find my forearm lightly brushing my pistol.

Open carry is legal here. I don't care if anyone see mine.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links