Carrying a G30SF seems lighter than carrying a G26!

This is a discussion on Carrying a G30SF seems lighter than carrying a G26! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the past two years I have been carrying a G26 in a Raven Concealment holster that I like very much. The holster is very ...

Thread: Carrying a G30SF seems lighter than carrying a G26!

Carrying a G30SF seems lighter than carrying a G26!

For the past two years I have been carrying a G26 in a Raven Concealment holster that I like very much. The holster is very comfortable and keeps the pistol close to my body. No complaints.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to purchase a G30SF as a sidearm for hunting, but also to give myself an alternate carry pistol in the event 9mm ammo wasn't readily available (which seems to have happened lately!!!!). At any rate, given that I had some hunts approaching, I decided to buy a Crown Royal Modular holster, since lead times for Raven's holsters is typically 16 weeks. It also did not hurt that the Crown holster is less expensive than the RC.

I got my holster in a little under a month and have found it to be on a par with my Raven Concealment rig in terms of quality. What is interesting though is that the Crown holster is slightly smaller than the RC holster, and appears to hold the weapon close to my body in such a manner that it actually feels like the G30SF is lighter, which of course is not true. I am using the same belt (5.11 Trainer), wearing the same pants, etc.

Suffice it to say that this was a pleasant surprise and I would not hesitate to purchase another holster from Crown.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I found my Kahr PM9 to be much less comfortable a carry than my Glock 19, both in Brommeland Max-Con V iwbs. Smaller isn't necessarily better when it comes to concealed carry comfort and practicality.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Links