M&P Shield and Remora Holsters...

This is a discussion on M&P Shield and Remora Holsters... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by breakingcontact Ron, I'm looking for the best fit for the gun. I've read on here where the one Remora suggests puts the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: M&P Shield and Remora Holsters...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    Ron, I'm looking for the best fit for the gun. I've read on here where the one Remora suggests puts the pistol too deep then the sights snag on the draw.

Please look at my post at the beginning of this thread. That is the one to order!! It is perfect!!Call and talk with Mike. He will be able to help you.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

I have a Remora that I use with my PX4 Storm Compact, I wear it mostly in the summer time and have had it for about a year. The same 6ART works here as well. When I first got it I was unsure if it was going to work. The owner of Remora, Allen gave me a good tip on making it fit better. Use a heat gun or hair dryer and get some heat into the holster, put your gun into the holster and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When your done the holster stays the shape of your gun. If your gun fits to tight he suggest the you wrap the gun in a handkerchief and then put it in the heated holster to give a little extra space inside. I agree the Allen and Mike go above and beyond to satisfy the customer. Great bunch of people at Remora, I would highly recommend them. Great price on the product as well.

M&P Shield and Remora Holsters...

I love these holsters. Modern technology at its finest. I have one of these for all my guns. The latest one is tuckable with full sweat shield and has the leather lining. I love this thing!

Is this design referred to as the size 5-MPART now? because they now make a Remora specific for the Shield.

Distinguished Member
    I have a remora also but could never adjust to it. I just like my holsters with a belt clip.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Remoras are comfortable. They have some of the best service. If you need something quality and inexpensive that would be my choice. But I also prefer some type of attachment to my belt. I have 2 Remoras.

Not a huge fan of soft holsters, I want to be able to re holster with one hand. I own a remora but just leave it in car to carry cross draw while driving than return to summer special upon arrival

Yeah, they angered me when I ordered one for my NAA Guardian and it was super looose.

I just bought a Shield and dropped it in my Remora Size 4ART from my old Beretta Nano and it fits great. A little snug at first, but it stretched out just right. And no mag dropping out.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Remoras are comfortable. They have some of the best service. If you need something quality and inexpensive that would be my choice. But I also prefer some type of attachment to my belt. I have 2 Remoras.
    Have you looked at the new Remoras with the belt clip? It might be 'zactly what you seek.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Everyone that has one [Remora] says they are a dream to wear. Mine is not. Clue me in please!! Thanks for all help, I need it.
    That's the beauty of the Remora. It is infinitely adjustable. Too low? Pull it up. Too high? Push it down. Too far back? Pull it forward. Seems it would be hard to NOT find a position that works for you. Unless it's a body-type issue, the Remora lends itself to moving around all over the "holster hemisphere"!
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links