Pocket holsters

Pocket holsters

This is a discussion on Pocket holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Ruger LCP yesterday for pocket carry and now I have to find a good holster, what is your favorite pocket carry holster? ...

Thread: Pocket holsters

Pocket holsters

I bought a Ruger LCP yesterday for pocket carry and now I have to find a good holster, what is your favorite pocket carry holster?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I use Robert Mika's holsters exclusively. I tried a lot of others before settling on his.

I like the Bear Creek Wallet Holster. Best thing I've used for my Keltec 3AT.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    DeSantis SuperFly
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Recluse holsters! Excellent pocket holsters and magazine pouches.
    With guns, we are 'citizens'.
    Without them, we are 'subjects'.

I'm a big fan of Stellar Rigs Kydex holsters for pocket carry.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Pocket holsters

Quote Originally Posted by houser52 View Post
    I like the Bear Creek Wallet Holster. Best thing I've used for my Keltec 3AT.

I use holsters from Guru Dave that looks a lot like yours.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886402.267706.jpg
    I also have one for my Sig P238 that has a fake zipper flap over the top for more concealment.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886519.382436.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886551.966282.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886575.599472.jpg

Have several; my vote goes to Bear Creek: good price, quick delivery, excellent construction and superb CS.

Recluse is fine but a little to non-secure for me. Kydex is OK but is not as comfy as leather.

I had an old LCP pocket holster that says "ace case.com" on it and it fits my new Solo very well

Tim

-Kimber Solo STS
    (pocket carry daily)
    -Glock 23 Gen 4
    (home defense, bed rail mounted)

Pocket holsters

Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    I use holsters from Guru Dave that looks a lot like yours.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886402.267706.jpg
    I also have one for my Sig P238 that has a fake zipper flap over the top for more concealment.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886519.382436.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886551.966282.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886575.599472.jpg
    So how do you draw from these efficiently? I'm right handed and carry my wallet in the right pocket, but even if I moved my wallet somewhere else would I pull the gun with my thumb or pull the whole holster from the pocket and then the gun from the holster?

Just curious. These holsters look like great products but how do YOU draw from them?

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Well, using the pictured Bear Creek as an example; since it is a "convertible" model you can remove the backing and use it in your front pocket. But for right rear pocket carry, I wear the backing on the outside is the left side of the gun is against my right cheek, draw by slipping two or three fingers between the backing and the gun, so you are drawing with your palm toward the body.

Pocket holsters

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Well, using the pictured Bear Creek as an example; since it is a "convertible" model you can remove the backing and use it in your front pocket. But for right rear pocket carry, I wear the backing on the outside is the left side of the gun is against my right cheek, draw by slipping two or three fingers between the backing and the gun, so you are drawing with your palm toward the body.
    Thanks for the explanation.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Links