Would this bother you?

Would this bother you?

This is a discussion on Would this bother you? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my kahr cm9 harwell protuck today and I like it, but I am slightly worried about this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361924087.501968.jpg Notice the back side of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Would this bother you?

Would this bother you?

I got my kahr cm9 harwell protuck today and I like it, but I am slightly worried about this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361924087.501968.jpg

Notice the back side of the trigger is exposed. This is the speed grip cut, which does make the draw easier, but I expected full trigger guard coverage.

Here is a "comfort cut" harwell protuck for reference.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361924171.613802.jpg

VIP Member
    The pic is kinda small but from what I can see that appears to be way too much trigger exposed. A minimal amount of material could get wedged in there and potentially engage the trigger while you were holstering. I think I'd seek a replacement.
    thephanatik and blitzburgh like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

mkh
    From the picture I would say no. It doesn't look like you can get a finger on the trigger and that is all I really care about. Besides, doesn't the CM9 have along double action trigger?

Poor holster design...seek better quality...it will only take one ND to ruin your day.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I don't understand why they cut material away from the backside of the holster. What does the coverage on the front look like?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Would this bother you?

Larger pic:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361924908.018323.jpg

Just "speed cut" my other one and the trigger is still 100% covered.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361924951.261528.jpg

On the kahr the trigger is still covered, but the space behind the trigger isn't.

Would this bother you?

VIP Member
    From the front it doesn't look that bad, but from the back side shot...I'd send it back. You have to be comfortable and confident in your gear. If you aren't, it's not going to work for you at all.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    From the front it doesn't look that bad, but from the back side shot...I'd send it back. You have to be comfortable and confident in your gear. If you aren't, it's not going to work for you at all.
    I just sent them an email about this. If it had leather to just under the magazine release I would be fine with it, but that gap seems like it may be dangerous, and unnecessary.
    64zebra likes this.

Yeah....I'd send it back.

It's your call. I personally won't own a holster that doesn't cover the trigger guard.
    mrm likes this.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Just stitch a piece of nylon across that notch if it bothers you. Doesn't look like the trigger is exposed, just a piece of the guard. Your call though, if you don't think it's safe then ship it back, as others have said.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Too much for my comfort, but it's your leg that will likely be on the receiving end of a discharge, so its your call.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I would certainly be concerned with that. Let us know how the company treats you.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

That wouldn't bother me in the least if that is a right hand draw holster. My finger would be on the Kydex side, no way to hit the trigger from the back side (facing my body) regardless of how much if the guard and trigger are exposed. Just my opinion.

My Crossbreed holster has a full back to it. I didn't consider their combat-cut a whole lot, seems to be the same theory as what you have there, I figured the full coverage would be more comfortable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links