Galco Matrix and big dot front sight

This is a discussion on Galco Matrix and big dot front sight within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have this set up. I have a Glock 23 with a big dot night sights. Thinking about adding a matrix holster but wonder if ...

Thread: Galco Matrix and big dot front sight

Anyone have this set up. I have a Glock 23 with a big dot night sights. Thinking about adding a matrix holster but wonder if the front sight would hang up on a draw from a open bottom holster. Seems like the plastic/ kydex holsters have some tight fits. Don't really want to waste an expensive sight on a cheaper holster.

2. Remove Ads

I have yet to find a holster that hangs up on my big dot equipped XD-9. Holster companies are a varied as front sight companies so it seems like the holster companies would make sure and leave enough clearance for all sight sizes.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

I have a matrix for my Glock 20. It holds the weapon tight against the body however the retention is very strong . Also I'v decided that I like my barrel completely covered for OWB for the reason I could sit down or rub against something and with the barrel muzzle exposed you could in fact push the weapon out of the holster. The same thing could occur with a yaqui Or any half holster, minimal , barrel exposed type holster unless it had a strap holding in the weapon to prevent such an occurrence. Maybe I worry abt such things too much but I know how my luck goes sometimes with things. I can see it all unfolding in being somewhere and sitting down around a bunch of people and ur weapon hitting the floor when it leaves ur holster.

Links