google isn't helping me out in my search. can you?

This is a discussion on google isn't helping me out in my search. can you? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a legit place I can get a custom holster from. I have a very specific, very doable holster in mind and will definitely ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: google isn't helping me out in my search. can you?

google isn't helping me out in my search. can you?

I need a legit place I can get a custom holster from. I have a very specific, very doable holster in mind and will definitely be one of a kind. I have been googling custom holsters and all that it applies and have not gotten anything that I can see allows me to tell them what I'm thinking.

Do any of you know where I can go?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Maybe if you were more specific about your specific holster... Like leather, kydex, cat fur, etc. There's a ton of holster makers out there and I'm sure that most have email addresses.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

leather of course, never cat fur. I love cats :) owb

maybe google custom leather shop, you got the inspiration: I'm sure they will make it

call Doug at BearCreek holsters.

LINK

Thanks everyone.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    leather of course, never cat fur. I love cats :) owb
    I doubt cat fur would be good for holsters anyway, so I think they are safe.

Given that leather holsters take time to make, and most good custom leather guys have decent to long wait times for their 'stock' custom stuff, you do realize that anyone worth a darn is going to come with a price tag not for the faint hearted?
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I doubt cat fur would be good for holsters anyway, so I think they are safe.

Given that leather holsters take time to make, and most good custom leather guys have decent to long wait times for their 'stock' custom stuff, you do realize that anyone worth a darn is going to come with a price tag not for the faint hearted?
    Yeah, I'm hoping that because the gun in mind is so small that it wont be more then 150 or so.

I need a legit place I can get a custom holster from. I have a very specific, very doable holster in mind and will definitely be one of a kind. I have been googling custom holsters and all that it applies and have not gotten anything that I can see allows me to tell them what I'm thinking.

Do any of you know where I can go?
    I just heard last night about this fairly famous guy name of Milt Sparks who custom makes gun holsters. One of the gun guys here should be able 2 help you. There's a waiting list cuz the way I heard it this guy is hotter than when sliced bread from the store was a new thing. He's super duper Cutting Edge. Good Luck.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Yeah, I'm hoping that because the gun in mind is so small that it wont be more then 150 or so.
    Ok, well realize that like Yoda says "size matters not" and that's going to be true for holsters, at least to a degree. Materials are a cost, but not the only cost; so if a guy can make 3 of his normal already patterned holsters and sell them for $75 a piece or he can spend that time making one completely custom holster from scratch and sell it for $150, which do you think he's going to choose?

I'm not saying don't go for it; who knows, maybe you'll hit the right guy and he'll be up for doing something unique. Just realize that it will take a lot more of their time to make something that doesn't exist anywhere but your mind, and they are making all their design/testing/mistake making money back in the sale of every one of their 'normal' holsters, so don't think that simply because it's small that it shouldn't run very much. I'm no leatherworker but sometimes it's easier to make things larger, so small may just add to the difficulty of the job.
    NRA Life Member

Maybe you could do like Bat Masterson (or maybe it was Maverick) and get a spring release belt buckle for that derringer.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Maybe you could do like Bat Masterson (or maybe it was Maverick) and get a spring release belt buckle for that derringer.
    oooooo good guess and very close. Black widow actually (yeah, yeah, yeah I just like to have a holster for all my handguns and have a specific idea for this one). Not a fan of the belt buckle ones lol. My gut would be resting on it when I sit (not much, but enough).

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Kydex is so user friendly you could buy a bit and work on perfecting the design. If you get close to something workable it may help to sell the idea to a custom designer to build in leather.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Maybe if you were more specific about your specific holster... Like leather, kydex, cat fur, etc. There's a ton of holster makers out there and I'm sure that most have email addresses.
    Cat fur would be a very strange fashion statement.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links