IWB for CDP

This is a discussion on IWB for CDP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw at one time a IWB tuckable holster worn at 1 o'clock w/ velcro clips, but can not find it again in the holster ...

Thread: IWB for CDP

IWB for CDP

I saw at one time a IWB tuckable holster worn at 1 o'clock w/ velcro clips, but can not find it again in the holster links. Does anyone know which company I am looking for? It would be for an Ultra CDP.

Thanks
    George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

2. Remove Ads

The only one I can think of is the fist tuckable http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/22.htm beware of gimmic type holsters. I have never tried this holster for a good reason and wearing a CDP at 1:00 will prove very challenging when sitting, bending down, driving, etc. Velcro and holsters just don't seem to go together if you ask me.

ETA - Check out Eric's tuckable, he makes a nice one. http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/ this thread show's a pic of one. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=16175

Ti.
    Last edited by Ti Carry; November 1st, 2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Ti..thanks for the kind words.

The Velcro is a great idea for deep concealment...but? Due to the nature of even the strongest Industrial Velcro...I would be hesitant to really trust my holster position with it. It simply doesnt have the life span/strength after a while.

Just a thought....and Ive played with them.

There are tons of great concealment holsters out there....tuckables of all kinds...

Im redesigning a couple of mine currently..........the Pro and Dc will be completely redone in a couple of weeks.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Comp-Tac offers a velcro version of their kydex clips, which I have used and offer as an option on my Triskel holster. I have also started offering my In-Cognito with velcro tab attachments as an alternative to leather snap-loops. It is not a tuckable however, but a lower profile than the snap loops with no chance of snap-buttons printing.
    Like Eric stated, one drawback to velcro is that it wears out, but in most cases where it is used in holster design it is easily replacable. (The Comp-Tac clips and my in-Cognito version attach with stainless allen screws, so replacement is simple). The biggest complaint/observation I have gotten from customers regarding velcro is that, as opposed to a leather snap-loop design that allows some limited shift and adjustment of the holster, a velcro system locks the holster to the belt. There is absolutely no shift and you can't re-adjust the rig. This from a customer who carries my In-Cognito with both attachment systems, and noticed a marked difference in the same holster. Now this could be a desirable thing, depending on your point of view.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Links