Modifying a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster for Laser Grips?

This is a discussion on Modifying a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster for Laser Grips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's up gents? First post so I'll try to keep it brief. I've been looking for a level 2 retention holster for my Kimber Crimson ...

Thread: Modifying a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster for Laser Grips?

Modifying a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster for Laser Grips?

What's up gents? First post so I'll try to keep it brief.

I've been looking for a level 2 retention holster for my Kimber Crimson Pro Carry 2. I've went back and forth on the index/thumb release and decided I prefer 5.11's ThumbDrive holster, obviously it won't fit due to the grips though.

I was wondering if I could somehow modify the holster to compensate for the grips. I looked at the holster and didn't think any modification would affect the performance of the retention mechanism.

Options are pretty limited for level 2 retention holsters that fit grips (Serpa CQC comes to mind but it's index finger activated). Any thoughts or insight to possibly modifying the ThumbDrive would def be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'm sure you could do it by just removing any holster material that was preventing a full insertion of the handgun.
    A DREMEL moto-tool would make the project go easier.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links