Holster clips creating holes in jeans

This is a discussion on Holster clips creating holes in jeans within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Theis holster (which is awesome, btw). But I can see the kydex clips rubbing a hole in the jeans on the part ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By PEF

Thread: Holster clips creating holes in jeans

Holster clips creating holes in jeans

I have a Theis holster (which is awesome, btw). But I can see the kydex clips rubbing a hole in the jeans on the part that wraps around the belt. It's rather sharp, and I can't imagine it taking much time to wear a hole.

Has anyone discovered a solution for this? I'm tinkering with cutting up an old pair of jeans, and wrapping a piece of fabric around the clip, but I'm not that good at sewing.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If the clips are kydex wouldn't it be easier to just sand, or dremel, down the sharp part?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I can definitely do that. But I still feel the hard plastic will wear a hole. Maybe there isn't a 100% solution to this, but I'd like to extend the life of the pants as long as possible.

How about trying out the metal clips?

Sponsor
    I would probably just sand the clips down to break the edges, I bet that will work for you. Or contact Tommy, I'm sure he can give you some good advice.

Otherwise you can see if he offers steel clips or you can pick up a pair of leather belt loops from us.

That being said, I haven't heard of many people having issue with kydex clips rubbing a hole in the pants.

Thanks,
    Clay

VIP Member
    Dremel to reduce height of rubbing surface (I had to do this with an iwb holster that had a metal clip that cut through my shirt). Another thing you can do is place duct tape over the rough surface and replace the tape periodically as it wears.
    Snub44 likes this.

Both of my Foxx holsters have mydex clips. I took 800 grit sandpaper and rounded all of the edges more for comfort but also just in case they wore on the jeans. I honestly dont think it would be a huge issue, not one I have expereinced or heard of. More common is metal clips tearing holes in car seats.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

That's one reason that I do not like or wear,? Any holsters that have Clips on them either of metal or plastic etc.?

Looks like I'll be stopping to get some sandpaper tonight. Thanks for the help all.

I have also had a problem with strong clips wearing a hole in my jeans...I guess that's one of the reasons I really am favoring loops over clips now.

Links