Regular Remora IWB holster vs. Leather Lined Remora Holster

This is a discussion on Regular Remora IWB holster vs. Leather Lined Remora Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi! I would like to know if anyone out there has BOTH (or has used both) and can give me their opinion on the differences......specifically ...

Hi! I would like to know if anyone out there has BOTH (or has used both) and can give me their opinion on the differences......specifically how much thinner the leather lined one is? I ordered the 6ART/RFT for my Shield. The FRT made it very bulky. Remora costumer service was very nice and they are exchanging it for the NON RFT and she is going to mold/fit it with a blue gun before shipping it to me. If that still adds too much width, then I'll try the Leather Lined one. I really wanted to be able to wash it (I'm assuming you can't wash the leather) since I'm in Florida and it is bound to get dirty/sweaty.

Thanks,
    BekahM

Well, since nobody seems to have both, does anyone have an opinion on the leather lined remora?

I own the standard version and also the new leather lined version. I have the standard one for my Kahr PM9 (with Crimson Trace), Kahr P380 (with Crimson Trace) and Glock 19. I ordered the leather lined version for each of them since it was advertised as thinner. I only ended up keeping the Glock 19 version.

The leather lined version is thinner, but I didn't notice a difference at all when I wore it IWB. I had a really hard time drawing the PM9 and P380 due to the Crimson Trace LaserGuard. Since I didn't notice a difference when I wore it, I didn't feel like taking the time to break the holsters in. So I returned the one for the PM9 and P380. I did keep the Glock 19 version since I didn't need to break it in.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the reply! I'm still a bit torn between the regular Remora and the leather lined one. Also, (if you have a chance) If you flatten them out side by side, how much thinner is the leather lined one?

Thanks,
    Bekah

When I put the holsters side by side, I can't really see a difference in thickness. The holster opening is the same thickness on both the standard and non-lined. The rest of the holster is slightly thinner, but I didn't notice a difference when carrying IWB.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

What I have wondered before is the difference in firearm retention with the leather-lined vs standard

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    What I have wondered before is the difference in firearm retention with the leather-lined vs standard
    - My Glock 19 had a little more retention with the leather lined. It's not enough to keep the firearm in the holster if you turn it upside down.

Thanks for replying...... I ended up up grading to the leather lined one. When I get it, I'll post some pics!

BekahM

I got a new Remora in yesterday with the leather lining and I really like it. It seems a lot thinner to me when wearing it. It is also tuckable with a full sweat shield. I really like it.

Glad you like it! Can't wait to try mine out.

I had the original, and returned it after trying out the leather lined one. It's definitely thinner, and I like the way the gun slides out of the leather better... it's a little less 'grippy', and is just smoother somehow.

Links