X-Concealment "C" Series Review

This is a discussion on X-Concealment "C" Series Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a hard time finding many reviews of the X-Concealment "C" series holster so I'm posting this on all my concealed carry forums I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By knotquiteawake

Thread: X-Concealment "C" Series Review

New Member Array knotquiteawake's Avatar

I had a hard time finding many reviews of the X-Concealment "C" series holster so I'm posting this on all my concealed carry forums I frequent. Hopefully will do a video review sometime later but I wanted to provide it for anyone who is looking at all their OWB options for their carry guns. Right now they only have the holster for Glocks and S&W M&Ps.

I've been wanting to try out an OWB holster since I started carrying my Glock 19 back in January. The Crossbreed IWB holster worked pretty well and its pretty comfortable, but just feels like the 19 is small enough I should be able to put it OWB and still be able to conceal without wearing a jacket.

I ordered a Galco Concealable, I wore it for a whole day and hated it, not comfortable for me, cant was too extreme, didn't feel like waiting weeks and weeks for the leather to break in.

I was very interested in the Raven Concealment holster and liked the way it looked but the price was really high, plus I would have to order the "pancake wings" separately adding even more to the cost. Add to that a 30 day wait or longer I decided to pass on it.

I saw a picture of the X-Concealment Holster somewhere, I really can't even remember where but it looked like exactly what I was looking for. "Pancake Wings" included by default!

I found their website, and the price was right, totally worth a try out. Only $67.99.
    I ordered it on Feb 27th and received it on March 6th.

I put it on and knew immediately I had found the right holster for me. Tight against the body, the gun slides in and out easily but retains it well enough to be moving (even jumping) around.

It seems to be built very well, nice thick rigid kydex on the outside and a thinner ever so slightly flexible kydex on the inside. The 10 degree cant is perfect for a 3-4oclock.

Here are pictures of it and of it on me with my new Wilderness Tactical Instructors' Belt (1.5in 5 stitch, SO COMFORTABLE yet secure). Please excuse my lack of undershirt. I wasn't about to get change on account of ya'lls sensitivities.

As you can see I'm about avg build, (sometimes on the skinny side) and about 6'1" on a good day.

KingWalleye and Kennydale like this.

I had one for my Glock 26 and it was awesome. If they made them for the 1911 I'd have one for that as well.

V pleased to see a Kydex maker paying attention to the basics of good holster design; well done.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Different strokes for different folks but for me your gun is only covered up and not what I call concealed. I would never carry with a bulge showing like in your picture but I know a lot of people do. It is a nice holster but for me it would be for open carry or wearing a jacket or a coat over it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks but for me your gun is only covered up and not what I call concealed. I would never carry with a bulge showing like in your picture but I know a lot of people do. It is a nice holster but for me it would be for open carry or wearing a jacket or a coat over it.
    Well in most places, covered is concealed. If you can't see it; it's concealed. Any OWB is going to have more printing issues than IWB, so that's not really a holster issue.

I also own an X-Concealment Gen 2 and I've been very pleased with it. I don't wear it too often, for the same basic reason zeke already brought up, but it's a nice rig and it definitely does everything it's supposed to for an OWB holster.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

New Member Array knotquiteawake's Avatar
    What bulge? You really see a bulge in those pictures? It seriously lets my shirt just fall down like normal. If you saw me in person you would be hard pressed to determine I was carrying a gun. Its not against the law to "print" here in Texas anyways. The only issue would be "intentional failure to conceal". Covered up by the shirt makes it concealed. It conceals just as well as my IWB holsters. There really is no "bulge" off my side. The butt might "print" when bending over but it would do exactly the same thing if I were wearing an IWB holster as well.

Nice review and pics.

I also have a C model for my Glock 19 and for me it is the perfect owb kydex holster for ccw with an overshirt. I am a little "bulkier" around the middle so it does push outwards
    just enough that I can't wear it with just an untucked polo or similar tighter fitting shirts.

With ccw coming to Illinois someday (someday) I am now looking at their C model slide holster so I have a reason to get a Gen 4 26 to carry in the same rig. (Look honey, I saved us money by buying this holster!).

I've had mine for months. It hugs tight to the body and sits high for easy concealment under a light jacket. It also doesn't have a lot of extra Kydex that some have, very trimmed down.

Looks great.....concealed is concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    I know we are always conscious of of printing when carrying concealed but I really don't think most people who don't carry really give a bulge much thought these days; or really since pagers became popular all those years ago.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Excellent review.
    NRA Life Member

How about an update on the "X"? Is it holding up good? Thinking about one for my G-26

Links