Theis Holster- like it

Theis Holster- like it

This is a discussion on Theis Holster- like it within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been hanging around for a while. I do not do a lot of posting on forums, but I really enjoy reading the posts ...

Thread: Theis Holster- like it

Theis Holster- like it

I have been hanging around for a while. I do not do a lot of posting on forums, but I really enjoy reading the posts here on this Forum.
    I ordered a Theis crossbred style holster for my new Taurus pt145 pro about three weeks ago and got it Monday. This is my first ISWB holster and I love it. I put it on about 4:00 position on Monday afternoon as soon as it came out of the mail box. It took a little while for me to figure out the simplest way to put it on, and carried unloaded around the house to practice drawing. I loaded the gun, went to the store and Tuesday went to Wall Mart. I can honestly tell you that I hardly knew it was there. I just wore a long pull over shirt to hide the gun (3x size shirt), 6'4" 260 pound guy. I have had no problem breaking it in nor did it squeak.. I did wear a t-shirt behind the pistol till the edge of the leather conforms better. It concealed very well.

I finally got a chance to shoot the Taurus about two weeks ago-before the holster came in- and I was surprised how well it shot. At about 25 feet with fairly rapid shooting--not well aimed target shooting, I kept a full clip within a 5" circle. Cannot wait to try some more precise shooting. Guess I need to load up some more 45 rounds for practice.
    I also have a Ruger P90 that I carried OSWB during cold weather wearing a coat. I may just order a Theis holster for the P90..
    Frank

I have a Theis holster ordered for my M&P9c. I guess it's been about a week now...so I'll start looking for it in the second half of the month. Before that, I ordered a Crossbreed for my P239 and they're saying 6-8 weeks; I guess it'll be a while before I get that one, LOL.

Glad you like it. I haven't read a report yet where a hybrid holster owner didn't care for theirs, so I have put a lot of faith in them considering I haven't ever tried one before.

I own the Theis (for my Bersa BP9CC) in horsehide and agree it's a great holster. For my Beretta Nano I opted to try a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB just to see if I'll like it better but I can't complain at all about the Theis.

Just got my Theis in today for my M&P shield. Been wearing it around the house trying to break it in and figure out which configuration is going to suit me best.

Last edited by zcostilla; March 9th, 2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: correct the photo link

I've had a theis holster for a couple weeks for my beretta nano. I like it well enough. It's not fat or uncomfortable, but there is a lot material there. I ordered a PH Holster iwb tuckable holster and mag pouch. We'll see how it compares.

Sponsored Links