side gaurd holsters

This is a discussion on side gaurd holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I ordered a holster for my gp100 3" going on 8 weeks this Monday I believe. Still has yet to arrive and at the ...

Thread: side gaurd holsters

side gaurd holsters

So I ordered a holster for my gp100 3" going on 8 weeks this Monday I believe. Still has yet to arrive and at the time I ordered it said 4-6 on the site. While waiting I e-mailed them about a custom holster, to which they responded back two days after I sent the email. My reply to their response included more detail about the custom holster as well as seeing if they could update me on the status of my previous order. That was a little more then 7 days ago, 9 actually. I haven't heard anything back from them. Seems a little fishy as they were spot on with their reply, then when my reply to them inquired about a holster I ordered and am waiting on still they have not responded.

Have any of you ordered from Side Guard Holsters - Home Page for Custom Leather Holsters and how was your experience with them?

2. Remove Ads

Don't wait for email, Call them 651-263-1434

VIP Member
    If you're concerned, call them. Sometimes in a busy shop the email piles up. Remember this is a custom shop, not a three thousand person factory with a dedicated customer service department.

I've bought from them. Delivery time was fairly close to the estimate and the product above average.

Give them a call.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Havnt ordered anything yet but alot of the locals are running his leather and I havnt heard of any complaints.
    Might be swamped with unexpected orders and delays as is everyone else.
    I see he is showing 8-9wk delivery times now.
    I have talked with him in person and he appears to be a decent enough guy call him and ask about any delays.

I have a Side Guard for my Sig (see my avatar). Excellent service, just what I ordered, with sweat guard. Not an exceptional delay. But, that was several years ago before the big push we have now. I have since ordered a custom mag/light holster and had the same excellent service. One of the snaps on the mag holster broke so I sent it back and they fixed with with no charge. I have been very pleased with both my purchases.

My guess is that they are slammed and will take care of you, but it may take a little extra time. JMO
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Re: side gaurd holsters

I have a holster on order and have had no problems with communication. In fact I had a question about a laser a few weeks after my order was placed, they bought the laser I am planning on buying and are incorporating that into the holster when they make it. To me that's good customer service...looking forward to getting the holster. Like already stated, give them a call.

Thanks for the input

I've bought a couple of holsters from him; satisfied with the product and service. And hey it's in Minnesota! Could be old man winter having his way to cause the delays.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    One thing to remember with custom shops at times things do happen that they fall behind a bit. Even response times may get held up a little, give em a call and i'm sure all is well.

New Member Array zeekbartholmue's Avatar

Side guard

Eric is a stand up guy that delivers a great product at a reasonable price. He is busy give him time .You will be glad you ordered from him.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    This is the only company that has my return service. I'm sure those $200 holster companies make great stuff, but I now have two outstanding, top quality, custom holsters for the price of one "premium" or "designer" holster. I received direct, 1:1 service.
    The run on gun related items is incredible. Give him a call, and give him some time.

I wouldn't worry, I got my holster in about 9 weeks and was worth the wait.

Note from their site:
    My current lead time is 8-9 weeks.

That's what it's been to the best of my knowledge for quite some time now.

Links