Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

This is a discussion on Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To the OP Seems you already made up your mind so don't buy one. They work for a lot of us.. I hate super tucks ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

To the OP

Seems you already made up your mind so don't buy one. They work for a lot of us.. I hate super tucks but I don't post threads asking about all the hype because I don't like them. Get one try it out is you don't like it they will be glad to give you a refund. YMMV
    Last edited by jbum; March 10th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum kews12!

I got one so I could carry my P95 around the house. Obviously it's a decently large, heavy gun but it stays in place even with a cheap department store belt. It's big and heavy enough that I wouldn't want to carry in public with it but would be comfortable with a pistol that's a little smaller and lighter in a Remora.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I really like mine and use it more often than not for lots of things. It does have some drawbacks but everything does.

Reholstering with 2 hands could be considered a safety measure, just depends on who you ask.

My only concern with the "free" placement of it could cause some training issue if you don't get the holster in the same spot every time but I'm not sure how big an issue that really is overall.

I bought mine as a temporary thing until I could decide on a hybrid or something........I haven't found any holster that fits my needs like my Remora does yet so I haven't ordered anything else.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

If you get the reinforced top one-handed holstering is possible.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    To the OP

Seems you already made up your mind so don't buy one. They work for a lot of us..
    I see lot's of posts that say "I love my Remora, but...".

Just curious about them.

I have Remoras for both my carry guns: Shield and BG 380. I've tried a number of other holsters with my Shield and found the Remora to be the most comfortable, most concealable of the bunch. I've tried two different brands of kydex-leather hybrids and they just aren't for me. I'd like to try an all-leather holster like a UBG Canute or a Kydex like a PJ, but it's hard to justify the expense when I'm so satisfied with the Remora.

My pistols stored in safes are wrapped in Remora holsters. There's an empty one currently wedged between the seat and console of my car for use on prolonged drives (this way I don't have to take my IWB off while driving). Good for a suitcase gun instead of wrapping it in a t-shirt or something. It's a nice, cheap way to cover the trigger and protect the gun for me.

I never use them as belt holsters though. They're easier to get on than my CBST, sure; but surprisingly, my High Noon Down Under is faster/easier than the Remora, sticks pretty well being rough-out leather, and has a nice clip as well as a bunch of other features (but also $$$).

That said, the Remora single-mag carrier has become a priceless addition to my EDC. Pocket, cargo pocket, or jacket pocket carry that doubles as a IWB or IBB, whaat...

They're cheap enough, everyone should at least try one before internetting their opinions all over the place.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

Love it for cross draw while driving long distance, holds my sp101 perfectly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I carry my G36 with an extra mag. Like it alot.
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

I bought mine, primarily as a way to figure out if I wanted to carry IWB, and if so... where/how. It's so versatile, lightweight, and inexpensive, hard to go wrong. It's also very nice for just throwing in the glovebox, or under the seat.
    RookWV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I see lot's of posts that say "I love my Remora, but...".

Just curious about them.
    Like you, I was very curious about Remora's. Last week, I ordered two. The day they arrived, I put my LC9, with laser, in a #4A. I worked around the house all afternoon with the LC9 at the 1 o'clock position. It never moved or shifted. I'm very happy!

They do offer a generous return option and are fantastic to work with.

Hope this is helpful.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Just wondering?

I don't get the attraction
    I agree. IMO a good holster has a clip, loop or some other attachment to my belt. Sure, some love it to death, but then again, the same goes for liberalism.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I agree. IMO a good holster has a clip, loop or some other attachment to my belt. Sure, some love it to death, but then again, the same goes for liberalism.
    NOW COME ON!!! That's a low blow. You take it back or else.
    (I love my Remora, but not to death.)

I fully realize that I am one of the very few who isn't in love with my Remora. I love the idea of the Remora, but I can never seem to get it to stay still without a belt, which defeats the purpose for me... I do use it for other needs, though--in my car, etc. I use it with my p938, not a heavy gun at all! I actually had my Remora and gun fall down my jeans leg the other day! I must be doing something wrong, but until I figure out what that is, I'm not sold on my Remora...
    Jaybm likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links