Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

This is a discussion on Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chuckusaret I guess by some of us stating our opinion about a holster we are being placed in the novice ranks and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I guess by some of us stating our opinion about a holster we are being placed in the novice ranks and should be ignored. IMO, it takes a very narrow minded individual to believe that if it works for them it should work for everyone. As I stated early on the holster does not meet my carry needs and was placed in the very large box of scarcely used well recommended holsters stored in my garage. Nuff said.
    Who put you in the "novice ranks" and said you should be ignored? Several opinions on this thread about Remora, some good some bad but I didn't see anyone disrespect your post.

If it doesn't work for you I'm sorry. I have several holsters that spend more time in my closet than on my hip, it's just a fact with concealed carry that most people try several options before finding what is most comfortable for them. That's what is so nice about all the options we have today...lots of holsters to choose from ;)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan
    Aceoky likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I admit I still have a hangup about the Remora myself, same with pocket carry. I know that people Plaxicoing themselves is very rare but I still just have this mental block with the idea. It goes back to the truism that what works for me might not work for someone else and vice versa. Neither is right or wrong, it is just different.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    I have two Remora mag pouches and they just don't work for me at all. Never tried their holsters, though.

I have three of them and use um more than any other holster. The statement about using um to just slip into the waistband to work around the house and while driving is spot on. Especially like the cross draw while driving option; it's like having several holsters in one, and a very inexpensive one to boot.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Why do you assume he was wearing casual shorts or sweats while playing with his kids? Why assume he wasn't wearing "it in the manner it was meant to be worn".

I did not mention what he was wearing at the time.

If you see a conclusion, be sure to jump at it, OK?
    I assumed that he must have been wearing loose fitting clothes and/or carrying a very heavy pistol. You selectively homed in on that one sentence and ignored this one:

If your pants/shorts are too loose in the waistband you could have issues with clip holsters as well.
    So what WAS he wearing?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a remora for carrying my PM9 in pants that don't have a belt like shorts or sweats, but when I wear a belt I usually carry in an IWB clips. While the Remora with the PM9 in it is secure enough if I tightly tie the string on the pants, I find it is not as rock solid as a traditional holster on a belt. From what I have seen with my PM9 I have not purchased Remoras for my full size M&P or USP, but I almost never carry those guns anyway. BTW, I really love the Remora mag carriers. When I do carry the M&P in its Tucker Gunleather holster, I carry the extra mag in a Remora. I do the same with the PM9

Just placed my order.

I ordered the holster for the ability to throw it on and go. I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck that I wear when I'm at the office and it works great, but at night or on the weekends when it's jeans and a t-shirt, I'll throw the Remora on for the convenience factor. It's extremely comfortable and extremely concealable and it will not move. I love the fact that even when I'm lounging around the house in basketball shorts I can carry. Just tie the drawstring and the holster won't move. Quality holster and excellent service at a great price. What more could you ask for?

I have about 4 remoras. they are great for use to throw a gun in a bag or in the car to cover the trigger. I also wear them exclusively when I put on a suit and go to church or other events or even pulling an untucked polo over it with shorts. 3 of the 4 are with the reinforced top and it is awesome for one handed re-holstering. I found the easiest way to put it on is to take the gun out, get the remora where you like it, then re-insert the gun. . . . now with the 25% off sale, I am buying one for my S&W 4506 and one for my S&W model 65 w 3 in barrel.

I have just ordered the Remora 10 with sweat shield with 25% off order using mag25 coupon code. I received the Alienware holster a couple weeks ago, have been wearing it daily and it works well, just tired of hitching up my pants every time I walk around and I do have a very good gun belt.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat. Teach a man to fish, his wife and family will never see him on weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    THIS!^^^^^^^ Used in a proper way, the small, comfortable, inexpensive and effective Remora is a good holster. Some carry large guns, some small. I don't know I'd trust it with a large, heavy weapon but for my Glock G26 9mm or Bersa Thunder 380 it's great. AND IT WORKS! I have one for a small Taurus 5-shot .357 revolver but mainly use it between the seat and console in my van. If you get one, get it with the sweat shield which gives a bit of a higher back between the gun and skin. Extra gripping surface and protection for the weapon from sweat. Win-win.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster
    Is it really safe with a Glock with a round chambered? They look so floppy. The thought of anything but a rigid holster really worries me with mine. I have a Glock 26 as my preferred EDC.

Can remora users state what types of guns they carry with them? Are we talking sub 20oz pocket rockets or more sizable Glocks, SP101's and such? Most of my guns are of the service pistol variety.

I carry a Taurus Model 85 in mine, basically the same as a J-Frame. 21 oz. unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lees View Post
    Is it really safe with a Glock with a round chambered? They look so floppy. The thought of anything but a rigid holster really worries me with mine. I have a Glock 26 as my preferred EDC.
    I have a couple, and I don't see any way that the trigger could be pulled when a Glock is seated in the holster. The material is tough, and not flexible enough to fold over a trigger.
    marcclarke likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Can remora users state what types of guns they carry with them? Are we talking sub 20oz pocket rockets or more sizable Glocks, SP101's and such? Most of my guns are of the service pistol variety.
    I carry a full-size, 17-round polymer 9mm in one, 3:30. No problem at all as far as securing the weapon; the only issue is it can shift forward slightly if the chair back pushes against the butt when sitting.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links