Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

This is a discussion on Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered one for my Sig P250 sub compact. I will report back after a few weeks of use. I did use the mag25 ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Why All The Preoccupation With The Remora Holster?

I just ordered one for my Sig P250 sub compact. I will report back after a few weeks of use. I did use the mag25 promo code. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Ads

I just received the tuckable with belt clip for my SOLO.
    I really like it. Comfortable and stays in place. No issues re-holstering with the reinforced top.
    I made my decision after using the Remora with an FNS-9 no belt clip and never have had a problem with it staying in place.

My wife bought me a Sticky MD4 for my Ruger (Similar material) In running shorts... Just not workable.

Ordered one last night also with the discount code. Already shipped and should arrive on Monday.

I carry an LCP almost every day for 16 hours and most of the time I forget its there. I do sometimes carry a Glock 19 in one for 12 hours at a time and it is definitely more noticeable but it is not uncomfortable.

Got my Remora yesterday and wore it all night and most of today. That thing did not move an inch! I went to Walmart to go grocery shopping today with the wife, lots of bending and loading, no issues. I am sending my AlienWare holster back tomorrow. I had my G23 in it which is a gun with some weight and was shocked how it just stayed put. Fast shipping coupled with a great price.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat. Teach a man to fish, his wife and family will never see him on weekends!

Has anyone used this holster for a full sized 1911GI?

I have one for a full sized semi-auto. With appropriate belt it works very well, I have carried a loaded P226 and a SR1911 for quick store trips and it works very well.

I am one of those that just bought one because I needed a quick pocket holster for my P238 while waiting on my Mika. Turns out I like them so much I have one for every gun size. I use them a lot to keep the lay around guns in to keep the trigger covered. Favorite use is for vehicle "between the seats". I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
    Has anyone used this holster for a full sized 1911GI?
    IMO a remora is okay with a belt to control the friction so it won't slide. But I would rather have a loop or clip with a full size gun. I don't like the remora if I'm wearing a gun all day and need to use the rest room. I just don't like the feeling when it loosen up. If I go into a stall then I need to grab it. I like to know it will stay on my belt. But the Owner of Remora is a good guy and has some of the best customer service. Good holster for quick trips or while waiting for a nice custom job. JMO

I use the Remora to carry my SA 1911 Loaded Stainless, no issues.

United States Air Force Security Forces Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, now a college student.

I recently got a remora. Its a perfect fit for my G17 with tlr-3. Holster is very comfortable and stays in place well.

However, every time I draw the pistol, the holster comes out with it while worn AIWB.

Easy fix...I put a metal spring clip on it. Works exceptionally well. Still very comfortable and very concealable.

I see the Remora (I have two) a nice addition to a few other IWB holsters I have. I do think they should offer them with an optional clip. A dual purpose rotating J clip would be perfect. One that would grip the pants or shorts and also hang on to a belt during gun removal if a belt is being worn at the time.

They also, like mentioned, make a nice soft gun glove for the glove compartment or center console. A person could even rig one up under the steering column or along side the seat as other companies have done with their inventions.

Obviously with all the different body types; it will not work as well for some folks as they do with others.

I don't know if the Sticky Holster brand is any better or just a knock off of Remora but it would seem prudent to check them out as well when shopping for a holster of this type IMHO.

Sticky Holsters | Redefining Concealment
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Just wondering?

I don't get the attraction
    Kindly remember who started this thread and spent time asking the question.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links