Fobus

This is a discussion on Fobus within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Fobus GL2E2 for my G19 for $34. I had heard bad things about Fobus holsters, but I have to tell you that ...

Thread: Fobus

Fobus

I bought a Fobus GL2E2 for my G19 for $34. I had heard bad things about Fobus holsters, but I have to tell you that this holster is very comfy and extremely functional.
    I have been running draw from conceal drills with it and it functions great. It has a retentiom screw adjust that works well to dial in the retention one requires.
    Fobus has made some tweeks to their new GEN 2 holsters to beef them up with only a little added weight.
    And by the way anyone or BG that wants to try and "take it" with a loaded G19 in it is welcome to try but the only thing you will get is shot.
    One day you will be asked to make the ultimate sacrafice for your country, freedom and liberty. Give only blood.

- Retired Army Major in 1976- My Grandpa

2. Remove Ads

I dont have any issues with mine either. It's very easily broken, so I would only wear it when extremely concealed. I've since picked up the blade-tech paddles which I use instead. Still, for the price I see no issues with the Fobus for CC. I wouldnt OC with it though, since a 4 year old can break it off your belt in one swipe

The new gen2 are much stronger and is not going to be broken by a 4yr old

CARRY ON!
    One day you will be asked to make the ultimate sacrafice for your country, freedom and liberty. Give only blood.

- Retired Army Major in 1976- My Grandpa

I have a fobus evolution and a 6 yr old fobus and I love them both. I use them for range holsters but have CC'd with them before. Aside from being possibly broken off of me, they are great and make a great HD holster. They keep my HD weapon off the nightstand for and easy grip.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I like mine too. I have one of the newer ones with the screw. I use it as a woods holster, or when I'm working around the yard, or the range or whatever. It's not very concealable unless it's coat season, but I knew that when I bought it. It has the most comfortable paddle of any paddle holster that I've tried.
    I've heard alot of complaints about the retention system, and I admit it's a bit awkward at first but once you get the hang of it...no sweat.

VIP Member
    They r for sure not good For CCW however I have a few in my holster failure box. They stick out from the body just too much.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Links