CM9 Pocket

This is a discussion on CM9 Pocket within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Based on lots of reading and research from this site, I picked up a CM9. I am waiting on my license. In the meantime, I ...

Thread: CM9 Pocket

CM9 Pocket

Based on lots of reading and research from this site, I picked up a CM9. I am waiting on my license. In the meantime, I want to get a front pocket holster for the CM9. Seems like a few guys here have the CM9 but wanted to know a good pocket holster.

2. Remove Ads

I have two for my CM9:

Nemisis
    Remora

Of the two I prefer the remora. It just seems to stay put in my pocket better. With the nemisis there were a few times a day where I felt like I needed to adjust the gun in my pocket. With the remora I can go all day and not feel it move. Plus the remora can be used IWB as well...it's like having two holsters in one.

Btw, love my CM9! It's accurate with a great trigger!

I'll agree with Trex33 on the two pocket holsters. I also have a CM9 and I like both of those, though my preferences in the Desantis. People differ, I guess. They are both good rigs.

To them I would add the excellent CCW Breakaway pants and/or cargo shorts. They are made with a superb adjustable holster system in each pocket and they absolutely do NOT print. In addition to the CM(, they also carry any pistol or revolver, right up to a full sized 1911, with a light! But that's another story.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

I have a Nemesis also, but I use my TT Gunleather IWB more often.

Distinguished Member
    High noon pocket holster is great also...check it out...I have several.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

After 40 years the best pocket holster I have found is the Mika. Handmade and fitted to each gun for only $30. No gimmicks like hooks, flaps or push offs. The holster just stays in your pocket. I was recently looking at the High Noon Pocket Grabber so named because the rubber around it has nubs to grab your pocket. However the instructions for it state that you have to push off the holster on the narrow edge that surrounds the gun. Try that when someone is trying to kill you some day and you will find that it is not so easy to do. So they advertise it as a pocket grabber but tell you that it needs to be pushed off the gun. Not too grabby then is it?
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

I have a Remora and a Blackhawk pocket holster and each has it's pros and cons:

Remora:
    - Pro: Sticky. Stays in pocket very well.
    - Con: Very bulky, sticks out as a big lump in my pocket.

Blackhawk:
    - Pro: Very slim. Hardly looks like there's much in there, maybe a phone or something.
    - Con: Sometimes it stays in the pocket, sometimes it doesn't.

The reason I picked up the Blackhawk when I already had the Remora is that I wanted a pocket holster for my LCR. It doesn't work well for the LCR because of the bigger trigger guard, but the CM9 slides right in. Honestly, I am thinking about getting a kydex pocket holster from Alabama Holster Company. It has hooks to grab the pocket as well as the thumb push offs.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I have two Recluse in horse hide. Not sticky but thin and works very well for me. they are clam shell and easy to draw from but not cheap. As with most holsters, after using it for a few days it molded well to me.

40+ years of experience and I will recommend the Mika Holster to you. For $30 you get a custom and handmade holster that will stay in your pocket all the time. I cannot say the same for the dozen or so other pocket holsters I have used. It may be butt ugly but it works. For some reason, leather holster makers seem to think that highly molded pocket holsters that have tight retention are a good idea for pocket carry the same as if for belt carry. They then give you instructions about using their hooks or pushing off on the holster or whatever other gimmick it takes to pry that gun loose from the exquisite looking holster that no one will ever see. The Mike will hold your gun in place and allow you to draw it out without doing anything more than lifting the gun out of your pocket. If you are worried about retention in a pocket holster try to get one to come out when jumping. It just will not happen.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

I bought a PJ Holster for pocket carrying my CM9 and love it. Always stays put. Highly recommend it. Steve

Just get a uncle mikes #3. Less bulk than all the above and works good. The remora is to bulky for pocket but nice for iwb. Mika's are great though, but the uncle mikes works fine at a low cost.

Links