want new IWB

This is a discussion on want new IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My birthday is the 10th (along with the USMC- Semper Fi) and I want to treat myself to a new IWB holster. At first I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want new IWB

want new IWB

My birthday is the 10th (along with the USMC- Semper Fi) and I want to treat myself to a new IWB holster. At first I was going to try the Milt Sparks VM2, but I really like the the look of the UGB holsters at about half the cost of a VM2. I would like to hear from people that have and use the UGB holsters and tell me what you think. I'm really concerned with the ability to return my G23 one handed as well as the comfort factor. I would appreciate anybody's input.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well...I know Nate/UBG fairly well and he makes some good stuff. I know.. he spends enough time in my shop....anyway. Give him a call.
    His designs are clean and funtional.....Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    PM Sent. Someone speak up and tell this guy if my stuff is any good!!!!
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

You can't go wrong with an Ugly Bald Guy. His stuff is primo. I currently have my THIRD on order with him and wear another one of his about 14 hours a day and never notice it. ;)

Just got my first UBG holster a few days ago, and to say that it is great is an understatement. It allows me to conceal my Glock 19 under pretty much anything. Nate is a great guy to deal with and he WILL do right by you no matter what. I have a striker II and it is the most comfortable holster I have ever placed on my waist. The holsters look good, feel good, and are very reasonably priced for the great quality of the product. You will not be disappointed.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

In the G23 and G22 I like the Don Hume leatehr IWB . Its stays open when the pistol is out. Its made double thick and rigid on top to keep its shape. For around $30 its a deal. I spray silicone in the holster every so often for a smooth draw and water proofing.

Fowler....just a note. Hume stuff is great for the price...but notoriously tight. Dont spray silicone in the holster.....it will dry the leather out and cause it to crack and dye prematurely. It strips the natural oils from the leather that it needs to work.
    Stretch the holster out with wax paper wrapped around the gun and let it sit over night....
    Or if you must use a product to give it more lubricity...use a product designed for it........like leather lightning and such.
    Shoot well and god bless

I have just received my holster from UBGH and I am very pleased with the result. Nate left the bottom open so that I can carry my G27 and G22 in the same holster and it is great! It is extremely comfortable, you won't be disapointed. I highly recommend UBGH not only for the quality product but for the outstanding customer service. Not to mention the time it takes to have your holster made; a Milt Sparks or Garrity holster will have you wait around 6 months...they are great holsters as well and many people are willing to wait, but if you want quality, a good price, and quick production, go with UBGH.
    Attached Images

Polarbear how long did it take to get it?
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I Feel Like a Rep. For Fist...

I have two doz. Fist holsters...love 'em all...
    Good quality and quick service.

As always, it's no cost to visit the Fist, Inc. site...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ruger.....UBG's guarantee is if he cant ship it within 2 weeks ARO, then you get double your money back, a case of beer...your choice, dancing girls and he breaks MY kneecaps....because he's using suppliers that I recommended and its my fault if stuff is late.

Or something like that? You may want to clarify with him?

Rugerman,
    I ordered it Thursday October 26th and it was on my doorstep Friday November 3rd Nate says about 2 weeks on the website but I ended up getting lucky!

VIP Member
    Bear,

I have a G-23 and a G-27 and a VM-II for both... not knockin' anything else but I sure do think the VM-II is worth the price and the wait!

By the way, Happy Birthday to you both! HOO RAH!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thumper,
    No doubt Milt Sparks holsters are great, my best friend has one and has another on the way, he loves them. I previously had Galco UDC, talk about uncomfortable! I had considered a MS watch six but I am moving in less than six months so I decided to look at other options. For what I was looking for, the UBGH serves me well, and Nate being a Marine may have something to do with my loyalty Deciding on a holster involves a lot of factors, and it seems that trial and error plays a big role in the final decision. Semper Fi and Happy Birthday!

Don;t have a IWB from Nate but i do a OWb im Carrying a Les Baer 1911 in it so does that say its good enough for ya ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links