Remora RASH

Remora RASH

This is a discussion on Remora RASH within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Remora holster with full sweat shield for about two months for my SIG P2022. I love it and it works fine. But ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Remora RASH

Question Remora RASH

I've had my Remora holster with full sweat shield for about two months for my SIG P2022. I love it and it works fine.

But this weekend I developed a rash where the holster contacts my side. It's very slowly going away and itches. Is this normal?

I'm guessing I should wash the holster more often?

Any other victims of Remora rash out there?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

A tee shirt seems like an easy solution. Do you have latex-related allergies? Never had an issue with mine.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I'm wondering why it took two months to begin...

I'm considering the tee-shirt option.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member
    I've had mine for about 4 weeks and I have noticed some irritation when I don't wear it with a t-shirt or some other garment between the holster and my skin, but I believe the irritation is just slight rubbing that occurs as I sit and stand. I agree with the above, try wearing a t-shirt.

I always wear an undershirt between myself and whatever holster I am using.

I'd sure like to keep a blond stripper between me & my IWB holster, but Mrs. Ghost Tracker frowns on that sort of thing.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Give it a rinse in warm water with a mild soap. If it took that long it's probably just sweat or something.
    mano3 and kews12 like this.

I'd post a photo, but that would be scary...
    Brad426 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Any possibility of contamination with cleaning products during a recent EDC cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    A tee shirt seems like an easy solution. Do you have latex-related allergies? Never had an issue with mine.
    Shouldn't be latex allergy related. Supposedly they use something that doesn't affect latex allergies.

Here's a link to the mayo clinic and a series of photos of rashes for you to check - it also gives the care for each kind. My guess would be slide four or slide seven, but that's just a guess.

Blonde stripper idea sounded good
    CharlieFoxtrot likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I'd sure like to keep a blond stripper between me & my IWB holster, but Mrs. Ghost Tracker frowns on that sort of thing.
    Wives are funny that way.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I've yet to have any adverse reactions when wearing or after using my Remora holsters. I don't wash them that frequently, but when I do I wash with mild dish soap and then rub them down with a quick alcohol wipe. Seems to work well.

NOTE: I'd be careful using a T-shirt (or any garment/thing) between the Remora and your pants. The Remora is designed to adhere to skin and a shirt would prolly defeat this. I don't think it could even work that way. I might be mistaken but I'd be careful not having your Remora against skin and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work as advertised, or at least as well as it should. Just sayin'....
    hek1620 likes this.

NOTE: I'd be careful using a T-shirt (or any garment/thing) between the Remora and your pants. The Remora is designed to adhere to skin and a shirt would prolly defeat this. I don't think it could even work that way. I might be mistaken but I'd be careful not having your Remora against skin and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work as advertised, or at least as well as it should. Just sayin'....
    Balderdash! The Remora isn't "designed to adhere to skin" or you'd have to wear inside your underwear. Just sayin'...

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

My two cents, get some decent cheap foam in a roll, and place some foam between your skin & your holster. I have have Lymphadema of the leg and have to wear a special device around my leg that attaches with velcro. I have these padded leggings to protect my skin, but i also will use about 4 inch wide foam and roll it up my leg.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links