Remora Clone vs. Remora

This is a discussion on Remora Clone vs. Remora within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a no-clip no-slip Remora clone that I purchased with my gun. It does not stay in place very well and is not wonderfully ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By lightning69

Thread: Remora Clone vs. Remora

Remora Clone vs. Remora

I have a no-clip no-slip Remora clone that I purchased with my gun. It does not stay in place very well and is not wonderfully comfortable. I really like the concept and have thought about purchasing a true Remora to see if it is any better. Does anyone have an experience with the different between a clone and the original?

Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

I have a "true" Remora (reinforced top) and it works well, but I've never had the clone. I did, however, by a fake Rolex once. It wasn't near the watch that my Oyster Date Submariner is.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    I have a "real" Remora and I like it a lot. I have never tried a "fake" version, but the real ones only cost $30 more or less depending on options. If you like the idea, it isn't that expensive to try a real one.

I have a Sticky holster that works really well for me even though it is a knock off. If I had to do it all over again I would still get the Sticky. (I found a coupon code online that made it cheaper than the Remora)

Much like a free puppy. Cheaper isn't always less expensive. How much cheaper than a Remora ($25) do you need to get?
    RickyD likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I bought a Blackhawk pocket holster just to have something to cover the trigger guard. I noticed it has a strip of "sticky" material on it and the rest of theholster is a suede-y material. It has worked really well for me. I did order a Remora last week to have the real deal...then I saw the 20% coupon and facepalmed...typical.

But I'm waiting to get the real thing mainly for the sweat guard.

I have both a Remora and a "Sticky". They work equally well as far as staying in place. I prefer the Sticky simply because of the way the top is cut; I am able to get a better "firing grip" when drawing the gun.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Re: Remora Clone vs. Remora

Got a sticky holster for my pf9 and sp2022 and can't say enough good things about them they are great.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I have the sticky holster and even though it is not my EDC holster it has its place. I also have a remora and I find the remora a bit bulky.

Never tried one of the copies although at the price of the Remora why try the clones? My Remora works great!
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

I just ordered a Remora yesterday. For the price of the original I don't know why anyone would go with a clone.

I have three Remoras and ordering a fourth. What more can I say. Alan and the team produce a terrific product.
    FloridaBiker likes this.
    The New Deal divided America into those who work for a living and those who vote for a living. HL Menken

I have a sticky holster and it never moves. Which one do you have and how are you wearing it? What gun? and whats it up against?

Thanks to everyone that replied.

The Story: When I purchased my gun, I was told I needed a holster for the CCW class which I was planning to take within a couple of weeks. I knew about Remora holsters form videos the I saw on YouTube. When I looked at their holster selection, I saw a De Santis that looked like the Remora so I picked it up.

As I was writing this, I jumped over to the De Santis website to check out their holster selection so I can show you what I purchased. As it turns out, I may have made a few mistakes. From what I can tell, De Santis does not make a "sticky" IWB holster. It looks like I purchased their pocket holster. This may explain why it does not work well IWB.

I just purchased another holster, but may purchase a Remora later considering how much I like the idea.

Links