Kangaroo Carry vs Deep Conceal

This is a discussion on Kangaroo Carry vs Deep Conceal within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought one of each of the offerings by Kangaroo Carry and Concealed Carry Holsters | Deep Conceal and wore them each for a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kangaroo Carry vs Deep Conceal

Kangaroo Carry vs Deep Conceal

I bought one of each of the offerings by Kangaroo Carry and Concealed Carry Holsters | Deep Conceal and wore them each for a little over 2 weeks (so my review took over a month).

I received the Deep Conceal holster and wore it for two weeks carrying my S&W Sheild. I was very satisfied with the concept that rig in particular. I really like that I can carry a decent caliber handgun and be able to tuck my shirt in, be comfortable while sitting for long periods, not worry about printing after standing up after sitting for long periods, being able to be in front a large group and being able to raise my hand without fear of printing, not feel the lump on my hip while driving or sitting, etc. etc.

So after wearing the DC rig I knew that I would really like this style of carry. I like the DC rig so much I wondered if I had wasted money ordering the KC rig too.

Then I wore the KC rig for 2 weeks and was glad I purchased it. It isn't light years ahead of the Deep Conceal model - but it has 2 small features that made a pretty large difference to me. It has only one strap - on the strong side. I thought this would be a negative. It is not.

I was at first concerned that the KG rig would sag on the "non-strap side" when I had a full mag in that part of the rig - but it never once even gave me the feeling that it needed two straps. I also like how the straps are micro-adjustable with the KG rig.

For my body style - the KG rig was the clear winner. I carry my Shield or even my full size S&W M&P 9mm in it.

Here is the full review:

Deep Concealment - YouTube

Hope this helps.

cheers

tire iron

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Thanks for the review! I've considered both of those rigs, so it's good to hear feedback from someone who's tried them both. FWIW I also like the looks of the CCW shirts they sell.

VIP Member
    My first impression of Kangaroo Carry was it sort of creeped me out like I was wearing a brassiere (which isn't part of my day ). It helped my mind when I put the KC over a t-shirt, then put on some other shirt over it. The KC works very well.

Just yesterday I used the KC all day long, actually about 12 hours and no issues whatsoever. The part I liked best was that my CCW was a Sig 229 SAS .40 cal. It pretty much disappears.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I have the KC and use it often. Well worth the coin spent, and very comfortable for deep concealment carry. Nice review of both carry systems BTW.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I wish I would have got the KC instead of the Ramore I never use.

I use my KC when I need to be dressed up with shirt tucked in. Works very well and is comfortable.

I don't use the supplied Velcro strap that goes over the gun. I don't want it to hinder my draw and I find that the degree of tightness I wear my KC at gives my plenty of retention on the gun. I had my tailor size and sew the holster part to fit my G19 perfectly. Even bending over, the gun will stay put.

Nice video review.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Nice review and video. Thanks!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Not a bad review. Thanks! Does seem smart, however, to re-sew buttons on the shirt front and (no Velcro) sew small snaps on the rear to keep the shirt closed. Invisible, easy, fast & quiet. It takes less than 10 minutes of needle work. I'm not trying to outdraw Johnny Ringo, but (IMHO) the fewer things that require precise motor skills (unbuttoning my shirt) during a likely adrenaline-dump...the better.
    perfection likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My issue with the KC is that is keeps rotating on me, bringing the handle further towards the front. I'm very skinny, so it prints immediately with my P9. I've tried all three positions with the strap, and no luck. This makes it useless for me...

Ok I got Vanbo KC. Litttle story oh I contacted KC and ask if there was extention to make it larger they said no and was a little rude that I did not buy from them. So i had a lady from church add the same cloth and extend it for me. So I guess I dont have a real KC but the one I have works great. I have wore it for the last 2 days, you can not see it. I find it very easy to wear.
    vanbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoc1017 View Post
    Ok I got Vanbo KC. Litttle story oh I contacted KC and ask if there was extention to make it larger they said no and was a little rude that I did not buy from them. So i had a lady from church add the same cloth and extend it for me. So I guess I dont have a real KC but the one I have works great. I have wore it for the last 2 days, you can not see it. I find it very easy to wear.
    Glad it's working out for you!

I have the KC with two straps, and it carried a Full size 1911 weighting 45 oz empty , and it carried it well. Also carried a glock 21 good.

I can wear a short fleece jacket and nobody knows. Went to a family dinner once, nobody said anything.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

I am just playing with how tight to wear it.

I have carried every day with my KC Air Marshall 3 for the past year. Love it!! Conceales very well and is comfortable while driving, sitting, etc. Well worth the $$.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Thanks to all for all the posts and comments!!

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoc1017 View Post
    I am just playing with how tight to wear it.
    I have found that I wear it looser now than when I first starting carrying with. Of course YMMV.

cheers

tire iron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links