Looking for IWB holster for Ruger LCP. What do you suggest?

This is a discussion on Looking for IWB holster for Ruger LCP. What do you suggest? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that Spring is here and Summer is approaching, it is time to for me to carry the "big guns" less and the smaller guns ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for IWB holster for Ruger LCP. What do you suggest?

Now that Spring is here and Summer is approaching, it is time to for me to carry the "big guns" less and the smaller guns like my LCP more. I currently have a Remora which I like for short wearings, but I would like something for longer/all day wearings with some sort of SINGLE clip or strap to secure it better than the Remora. Hybrid such as Crossbreed with a huge leather backing is not something I would want on a gun this small (they do work well on my larger guns though) I plan on wearing it around the 3:30-4:30 positions. I have tried appendix with my Remora and don't like it so I probably will not like it with a clip on holster. Also I don't want to spend more than $65 shipped.

I am thinking of:
    1) High Noon Bare Asset/Mr Softy type holster about $43 shipped
    2) Theis Appendix Carry $55 (don't know if he charges shipping) Can be worn non appendix)
    3) PJ Holster IWB clip on. $50

I am open to other option as well. Please let me know what you recommend.

Sponsor
    Take a look at SHTF Gear LLC, A pretty compact design for a holster that still gives you 2 clips.

Thanks,
    Clay

First 1A, Also available in Kydex

FIST, INC.

I also like my N82 Tactical, VERY comfortable.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

This is like asking what is the best round for defensive carry lol. 100 answers, 120 opinions...... I have personal experience with Foxx Holsters and SHTF Gear Holsters. I have purchased two Foxx holsters, and have several from SHTF Gear as well. You can check out my reviews that I have done on them here at these links.... I even have pictures in some of them ! Also, I have a SHTF Gear holster for my Bodyguard .380. While it is a hybrid , it is size appropriate for such a small gun, meaning that the holster itself is small too and does not occupy unnecessary space IWB. My little foxx is a single clip, and while it is a great holster, I still prefer the Two clip hybrid over the single clip design for all day comfort and wear, even with a small gun like the bodyguard.

Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review
    Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.
    Review: SHTF Gear LLC ACE-1 hybrid IWB
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I realize you said IWB, but I love my wallet holster... can carry in backpocket easily and if cargo shorts, can carry in one of the front pockets and still look like a wallet. Figured I'd throw it in the mix for you.

Holster Photo Gallery
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Which Desantis holster are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    This is like asking what is the best round for defensive carry lol. 100 answers, 120 opinions...... I have personal experience with Foxx Holsters and SHTF Gear Holsters. I have purchased two Foxx holsters, and have several from SHTF Gear as well. You can check out my reviews that I have done on them here at these links.... I even have pictures in some of them ! Also, I have a SHTF Gear holster for my Bodyguard .380. While it is a hybrid , it is size appropriate for such a small gun, meaning that the holster itself is small too and does not occupy unnecessary space IWB. My little foxx is a single clip, and while it is a great holster, I still prefer the Two clip hybrid over the single clip design for all day comfort and wear, even with a small gun like the bodyguard.

Foxx Holster Little Foxx IWB Review
    Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.
    Review: SHTF Gear LLC ACE-1 hybrid IWB
    Sort of a similar question but I am looking for suggestions, not a "what is the best holster" type of question. I do realize that a holster that works for one person might not work for another but generally if 99/100 people like a certain holster, then the odds are that I may like it also compared to a holster that 1/100 people like.

Thanks for the suggestion on Foxx. I will check them out. SHTF looks to be a good choice for a dual clip hybrid but I am not looking for that style.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    I realize you said IWB, but I love my wallet holster... can carry in backpocket easily and if cargo shorts, can carry in one of the front pockets and still look like a wallet. Figured I'd throw it in the mix for you.

Holster Photo Gallery
    I actually have a wallet holster and a desantis pocket holster. Both work great. Thanks for the suggestion

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have never seen an IWB for the LCP with a Crimson Trace laser. Have you?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I have never seen an IWB for the LCP with a Crimson Trace laser. Have you?
    Ruger LCP with CT LaserGuard ACE-2 Holster

SHTF makes one,Depending which CT laser you have. and their holsters are top notch. I have several.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have pj holster iwb with the "j" clip. It is all day comfortable and like the Remora it too has a lifetime warranty.

Check The HolsterStores Pro Carry Pro Carry HD Leather Gun Holster $29.99
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I use an Uncle Mike's IWB soft holster and carry at the 4:30 position. They inexpensive and comfortable.

Winthropholsters.com has a cool iwb for the lcp it has a mag holder with it never saw one like that befor. Wife has their holster for the sigp938 and it is top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalleye View Post
    I have pj holster iwb with the "j" clip. It is all day comfortable and like the Remora it too has a lifetime warranty.
    I second the PJ holsters idea. I have a IWB by Paul for my LC9 with CT laser. PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters.
    Attached Images
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Latch View Post
    I use an Uncle Mike's IWB soft holster and carry at the 4:30 position. They inexpensive and comfortable.
    I have one and for some reason, it keeps coming off my belt within 30 minutes of putting it on. I use a A&G gun belt and a Wilderness Tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    Winthropholsters.com has a cool iwb for the lcp it has a mag holder with it never saw one like that befor. Wife has their holster for the sigp938 and it is top quality.
    Interesting design.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    I second the PJ holsters idea. I have a IWB by Paul for my LC9 with CT laser. PJ Holster LLC | Simple, Practical, Affordable Holsters.
    I have had plenty of hybrid holsters but not all kydex. Is it uncomfortable having all plastic against your body?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links