Have you tried this IWB?

This is a discussion on Have you tried this IWB? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was curious IF anyone has this IWB holster Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System Im looking to order it & want to see how ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Have you tried this IWB?

  1. #1
    Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    358

    Question Have you tried this IWB?

    I was curious IF anyone has this IWB holster Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System

    Im looking to order it & want to see how people like it.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    43,790
    An AIWB (Appendix carry)...works for some, but my gut says, "No way!"
    It looks like it would work, but like many other holster buyers, get a big box to start your collection.
    Perhaps you will luck out and find the winner first time around, but I doubt it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    An AIWB (Appendix carry)...works for some, but my gut says, "No way!"
    It looks like it would work, but like many other holster buyers, get a big box to start your collection.
    Perhaps you will luck out and find the winner first time around, but I doubt it.
    I agree, but it's a different part of me that says "No way!"...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Jetfuelrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cape Coral Florida
    Posts
    2,167
    I imagine it works for some and probably would work for me, but I think everyone knows why I wouldn't want one
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

  6. #5
    Member Array Kutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    214
    I use a Clip Draw for appendix carry for my 1911zz.

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,627
    Would appreciate some feedback if you purchase one. As retupt99 stated, better get a good box......
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  8. #7
    Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    358
    Yea but it shows you can wear it pretty much anyway you want, but as far as wearing it appendix carry im still debating that lol.

  9. #8
    Member Array Rem700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    168
    Do not own one.
    Why would one purposely add bulk to the top of the clip?
    Everyone else offers c,j, and velcro clips in order to better hide the clip and these guys make there more noticeable.

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,463
    Looks like it would be hard to get a firing grip based on the pictures. If I can't get a firing grip, I keep looking. For me, that is NON-negotiable.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,837
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    An AIWB (Appendix carry)...works for some, but my gut says, "No way!"
    It looks like it would work, but like many other holster buyers, get a big box to start your collection.
    Perhaps you will luck out and find the winner first time around, but I doubt it.
    More than my gut says no. Think farther south......I have a lot more to spare in the hind regions if something should go wrong.
    TrevX, RichB70, BamaT and 3 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member
    Array srings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,975
    The Man Region is screaming "Don't even think about it!!!" With that being said...it looks well made and know a couple of folks that carry this way. I think the guy on "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel carries this way. Good for him...not for me.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

  13. #12
    Member Array akahrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    67
    Lots of people in here are commenting without experience with the holster you are referring to. I think if you google "Incog Reviews" there are a couple threads on 1911 forum, m4carbine, and a couple other places from people that do actually own the holster. The comment on the clip being bulky is pretty erroneous as that much difference is not going to be apparent in positions where that holster can be concealed. Reviews on the holster have been fairly positive with the only gripes being about holsters ordered without body shield, situations where AWB is not comfortable with the carrier (which is not holster specific) and some mention of the kydex being slightly thicker than typical (.125 vs .08 if I remember correctly). It seems a well thought out and tough holster with a fairly low footprint, I have been playing with the idea of ordering one myself but don't have the funds to make that snap decision today. Best of luck in your searches, a bunch of holsters shipped last week according to the G-code Facebook page so I imagine more and more people will be receiving the holsters and reviewing them. Do have caution though, lots of people are saying order time has been over a month (although 3-4 weeks is what the website quotes).

  14. #13
    Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    Lots of people in here are commenting without experience with the holster you are referring to. I think if you google "Incog Reviews" there are a couple threads on 1911 forum, m4carbine, and a couple other places from people that do actually own the holster. The comment on the clip being bulky is pretty erroneous as that much difference is not going to be apparent in positions where that holster can be concealed. Reviews on the holster have been fairly positive with the only gripes being about holsters ordered without body shield, situations where AWB is not comfortable with the carrier (which is not holster specific) and some mention of the kydex being slightly thicker than typical (.125 vs .08 if I remember correctly). It seems a well thought out and tough holster with a fairly low footprint, I have been playing with the idea of ordering one myself but don't have the funds to make that snap decision today. Best of luck in your searches, a bunch of holsters shipped last week according to the G-code Facebook page so I imagine more and more people will be receiving the holsters and reviewing them. Do have caution though, lots of people are saying order time has been over a month (although 3-4 weeks is what the website quotes).

    akahrt, thanks for the info much appreciated.

  15. #14
    gtn
    gtn is offline
    Member Array gtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    45
    Check out N28 pro holster. It is very comfortable and can be worn at iwb or aiwb

  16. #15
    Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by gtn View Post
    Check out N28 pro holster. It is very comfortable and can be worn at iwb or aiwb


    Will do thanks, do you have any pictures wearing it? Curious as to how it sits when one is wearing it. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bravo concealment dos vs incog
,

incog holster review

,
incog holster reviews
,
incog iwb holster review
,
incog iwb holster system
,
incog iwb holster system review
,

incog vs dos

,
incog vs phlster
,
phlster access
,

phlster access review

,
phlster review
,
phlster vs incog
Click on a term to search for related topics.