Remora mag holders

Remora mag holders

This is a discussion on Remora mag holders within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen a lot of talk about Remora holsters (which is why I bought one), but not much about the magazine holders. I was thinking ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CPO 15

Thread: Remora mag holders

Remora mag holders

I've seen a lot of talk about Remora holsters (which is why I bought one), but not much about the magazine holders. I was thinking about getting the two-pack and was wondering how people like them. I saw on their website that they can hold anywhere from .22 to .45 doublestack and was wondering how they work as a "one size fits all" type holder. Thanks!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Mine should arrive today; I'll let you know.

Not really expecting a 1911 mag IWB to be all that comfortable, but the Remoras look pretty heavily padded.
    DJC7 likes this.

My jeans are tight enough with Remora holster. No room right now for mag pouch.

VIP Member
    I have a Remora mag pouch and I keep a spare Glock 10-round .45 ACP mag in it and carry it in the front pocket of my pants - usually jeans. It keeps the mag secure and clean from dust. It's easy to remove the mag and the pouch stays in the pocket.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Mine should arrive today; I'll let you know.
    They arrived: these things are BIG; 4.5" X 4" (and these are the single mag sleeves).

Initial impression is that it is not comfortable IWB due to the mag, not the Remora. Fits well in the back pocket of Lee jeans, but the mag foot may be visible to those who may admire my tush (not likely). Well hidden in the front pocket but prints like a large wallet.

Did I mention it's BIG? Nearly the size of two cigarette packs side by side. Would probably ride well over my kidney but the mag may just not be comfortable right there.

The sleeve does have ample room to play with different angles of mag position, so I'll fool around with that. Not going to send them back, will find a way to make them work. Maybe a "pocket protector" for my cigars,

Seriously, I think you could holster a LCP .380 in this thing.

Edit: BTW, I have about a half dozen Remora holsters, so I really am a fan of the product. I do think these mag sleeves will work for me.
    Last edited by CPO 15; March 18th, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Brain Stone

Cool

My Remora mag pouches are 3 1/2" wide by 4 1/2" deep. They were included free of charge when I bought a Remora holster about a year ago.

I carry a Glock-23 or a Glock-36 mag and they work pretty well with either one.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

I use the single mag holder to pocket carry my back up mag. Keeps mag in my pocket free of debris, holder remains in pocket when drawing mag, and magazine remains properly oriented in the pocket.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I got 2 free recently with a 2 holster order. And one holster was for a revolver.

I have the Remora magazine holster. Not a big fan. IMO, it's uncomfortable to have a gun IWB and a magazine IWB. I'd have to buy pants at least 2 pant sizes larger to comfortable wear both.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Links