Comp-Tac C-TAC holster for USP Compact 9mm

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac C-TAC holster for USP Compact 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been researching IWB holsters. After reading reviews and comments on the C-TAC, I decided to give it a try. I liked that it is ...

I've been researching IWB holsters. After reading reviews and comments on the C-TAC, I decided to give it a try. I liked that it is tuckable, adjustable, and made of kydex (which I've read is faster than leather).

I ordered the C-TAC late two Fridays ago (October 27, 2006). Gregg told me he'd make my holster and ship it the follwing Monday. This past Friday (November 3, 2006) I received the holster.

I'm not sure if I can add anything new to the unanimously positive reviews I've found online but here are my impessions:

• Comp-Tac Customer service is excellent. When I called, I spoke directly with Gregg who promptly made and shipped the holster. From Texas to Florida, it was about a 5 day turnaround.
    • Excellent packaging! The holster came in a ziplock bag with an allen wrench for adjusting belt clips and retention, a Comp-Tac business card, an informational sheet describing the product with some gun safety advice, and candy! I challenge anyone here to try on the holster before eating the roll of smarties.
    • After I was done with the candy, I noted that the build quality is excellent.
    • I found it to be compact and highly concealable.

Out of the box, the retention was set a bit tight and it rode too high. It allows for 9 ways to adjust the rise and cant (18 if you reverse the tabs) so I was able to adjust it until it was comfortable and fast.

I realize comfort is subjective and with this holster can vary depending on your body shape, size, etc. I'm 6'2" and about 170lbs (fairly thin) and I found it very comfortable in the 4 o'clock positon on my belt. I wore it all day Saturday; I went to a resturant for breakfast, a supermarket in the afternoon, I was in and out of a small car (friends should not let friends drive a miata!), and finally sat through a movie. I always felt my firearm was well concealed and It was never painful or cumbersome. I admit the approx. 2 hours in the theater tested my irritation threshold. It wasn't durring the movie but after moving for the first time in 2 hours but it wore off before I made it back to the car. By the end of the day, I felt more comfortable with it on than without.

I'd say I'm very happy with my first IWB holster and based on my experience, I highly recommend the C-TAC.

Now time for a new belt. I'm considering a Liger.

-ayan
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    I really like my CTAC holsters. I have one for my full-size USP .45 ACP which comfortably hides the gun very well under untucked shirts (not t-shirts though, unless they are oversized).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Nice looking holster ayan! In my book, they don't come any better than holsters from Comp-Tac. I have had 2 and currently have one for my Glock G27. I love it. As stated also, their customer service is top notch. BUT, I did not get any candy with mine .

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Yep ayan you pretty much summed up my thoughts on Comp-Tac. I had a CTAC slide for a Glock 26, but sold it when I sold the Glock. I will be buying several of their products for my Sig 220 and any other handguns I buy for carry. Have you seen the "Infidel"? It looks like a very versatile kydex IWB.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have left-hand C-Tacs for my G21 and G27, a left-hand Set-Cant for the G21, and a right-hand Set-Cant for the 27.

The Comp-Tac customer service is the best.

When I first started carrying I would occasionally leave the pistol in the car, wearing the G21 C-Tac empty. It developed a weakened line across the lower end of the sweat guard. A Comp-Tac person advised me not to wear it empty. I acknowledged my mistake and was ready to buy a replacement, but they built me a new body for free.

The G27-size C-Tac arrived with a warped sweat guard. I returned it and they straightened it. I use this one every day.

Comp-Tac Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    Have you seen the "Infidel"? It looks like a very versatile kydex IWB.
    Yes! I've seen the ``Infidel''. Frankly, I think it is useless. Please remember that I'm a happy Comp-Tac customer and that I'm speaking from very limited experience but: I have trouble understaning why anyone would buy an Infidel.

I think the Infidel's main selling point is that you can customize it. You can make it tuckable and add ways of adjusting its position on your belt. With the C-TAC or Gurkah, you get many options for belt positioning as well as the option to tuck or not out of the box.

With the C-TAC in particular, you have the versitility from the start without having to invest more money or time.

I guess this boils down to the question: Why get a non-tuckable IWB holster in the first place?

-ayan

Links