I'm A Believer! N82 Tactical Holsters

This is a discussion on I'm A Believer! N82 Tactical Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my Second N82 Tactical holster over the weekend. NOT for a second gun, but because I sent my first one back! My first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I'm A Believer! N82 Tactical Holsters

I'm A Believer! N82 Tactical Holsters

I received my Second N82 Tactical holster over the weekend. NOT for a second gun, but because I sent my first one back!

My first N82 hoslter was their newer "professional". Personally, I found it a bit bulky, the clip would unexpectedly rotate, and it was just too much holster for my needs. N82 offered great customer service and a no-hastle return of my Professional.

Weeks later, I decided to try the N82 "Original" holster. Sure am glad I decided to give N82 a second chance. Now, I'm a N82 Believer! The Original is much thinner than the Professional and I find it to be much more comfortable. The holster needs to be removed in order to reholster, but I'm not going to be drawing my gun unless I'm shooting somebody anyway, so reholstering is not a big deal. For competition shooting I wear an OWB holster, not my everyday IWB.

Long-story-short, if at first you're not happy with your N82 holster, try, try again.

Drgnfly likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I have the Original N82 for my Sp101 revolver, and carry it AIWB. It is comfortable to wear all day. My only problem with it is it allows the gun to ride too low below the belt line and the padding goes up to the top of the grip, therefore making it harder to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    I have the Original N82 for my Sp101 revolver, and carry it AIWB. It is comfortable to wear all day. My only problem with it is it allows the gun to ride too low below the belt line and the padding goes up to the top of the grip, therefore making it harder to draw.
    Interesting. I actually find the Original rides better and is easier to draw than any of my other IWB holsters.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I find there's way too much fabric above the gun, makes it hard to get a good grip.

Comfy though.

Unfortunately they don't seem to care about us lefties, so I can't say anything about the 'pro' series.

Thanks for the tip. Ive been considering one of there holsters for my m&p.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Ive been considering one of there holsters for my m&p.
    You may want to consider buying both, than returning the one you don't want. Good luck.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Also have the N82 Original for my Glock 23. Love it!

I have a N82 for my .... now I forget why I bought it. Until you guys brought it up, I forgot I even have it! I wonder where it is? Obviously I am unimpressed with their product, and have since replaced it with another holster. My issue had to do with being unable to quickly get a shooting grip and the inability to reholster.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

N82 tactical..

I own two and my wife one. Love em. Great comfort and Fair price for all day C/C.

And best part, made right here in NC!

I have an M&P shield and was considering their professional. Does anyone use this holster with that gun? If so do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by murl View Post
    I have an M&P shield and was considering their professional. Does anyone use this holster with that gun? If so do you like it?
    Found it to be just a little too bulky and the clip never stayed in one place. Returned it for the Original. Very happy.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Is it true that you have to remove the entire holster to re-holster the gun with the original? Do you think the tuckable version is the same as the original with a bit of extra space to tuck in a shirt?

Is it true that you have to remove the entire holster to re-holster the gun with the original? Do you think the tuckable version is the same as the original with a bit of extra space to tuck in a shirt?
    Your gun can be safely reholstered with the Original without taking the holster off. However, why would you be drawing your gun anyway, requiring reholstering? Once holstered, my gun stays put.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    Your gun can be safely reholstered with the Original without taking the holster off. However, why would you be drawing your gun anyway, requiring reholstering? Once holstered, my gun stays put.
    Reholstering is required for practicing. Not to mention is you do have to pull your weapon and shoot someone you don't really want to be standing there with gun pulled when cops show up,how do they know that you are the "good" guy.
    I use the professional from n82, yes it is a bit bulkier but I am able to practice with it which to me is one of the most important things we all should be doing if you carry your weapon for self defense.

I use it with my 9mm Shield. Only issue I have it that it takes some practice to get used to drawing it with the positive retention built in, but I also like not having to worry about it coming out or someone else pulling it out. I'm a big guy and have plenty of my own bulk, so that's not an issue with me
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links