I need help finding a good CCW holster.

I need help finding a good CCW holster.

This is a discussion on I need help finding a good CCW holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking for a concealed lower back holster for my Taurus Millennium G2 9mm. Its the PT111. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StripesDude

Thread: I need help finding a good CCW holster.

Question I need help finding a good CCW holster.

Im looking for a concealed lower back holster for my Taurus Millennium G2 9mm. Its the PT111. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any good ones that i can go look at. Thanks for the help.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Check out a few websites; Galco, High Noon Holsters, Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery Company. I own or holsters by all of the aforementioned companies.

Get something like a milt sparks VM2 or a hybrid dual point attachment. Myself thats what I use after years of trial and error. I also like a holster that has leather btwn me and the slide to prevent the gun bite as I call it...Holster buying can become more addictive then gun buying if you carry CCW. Also thin is the way too go if possible with IWB.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusMilG2 View Post
    Im looking for a concealed lower back holster for my Taurus Millennium G2 9mm. Its the PT111. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any good ones that i can go look at. Thanks for the help.
    Small of back? I'd recommend against it - if you fall back on it, it's hard to reach and it hurts like a son of a gun. Recommend hip carry (any hybrid would do). I've also been carrying in a belly band recently, and love it. You can turn it around to right above your hip too.
    FlaRon likes this.

ive tried both the hip and the belly band holsters after about 5 five seconds it bugs me. My pants are tighter on the side and loser in the front n back. That's the reason im looking for a small of back holster. But I do appreciate the info :D.

Cool

I have to agree with StripesDude on this one.

Small of the back is hard to get to and hard to defend.

I carry a Glock 23 appendix (two 0'clock) inside the waistband with a High Noon Public Secret holster.

Easy to defend, easy to access and comfortable for average build.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Good luck in your search.

Regards,

FlaRon
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

N82tactical professional holster. It has an adjustable clip so you can put it anywhere you want. I do not own this, but I have seen nothing but rave reviews and have one ordered.

Dale Fricke Archanle or CCC shaggy for AIWB carry. I don't own these, but they get rave reviews everywhere I look.

SHTFgear if you want a behind the hip holster. Comfortable, affordable, and VERY well made. I do own this and it is the most comfortable IWB holster I use.

I have spent more money on holsters then I have on my gun, and this is what I have narrowed it down to.

Some body builds aren't conducive to 3 O'clock holstering. I am one of them. 235 lbs and 5'11". I can carry my shield at 3, using a highnoon clip on that is thin. Anything bigger than that and I get pinching, etc. I'm pretty sure I could carry a howitzer at 5-6 o'clock, due to my build. I carry a 226 Extreme in a super tuck at 5 o'clock and its comfortable. I know it's there, but it doesn't bother me. I know there are potential tactical issues with SOB carry, but you can change your stance and make other adjustments to a threat and still be effective. If SOB is the only place you can carry, it's better than not carrying. Just practice your draw to get it smooth.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I will agree with Ron, if hip carry doesn't work you should try AIWB over small of back carry. I have moved to appendix carry almost exclusively; G23 in Dale Fricke Archangel or P229 in Garrett Industries Slim AIWB.

Don't know if High Noon has one for sob, but I'd recommend looking into it from them.

Links