Paddle OWB holsters?

Paddle OWB holsters?

This is a discussion on Paddle OWB holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like opinions on paddle holsters. Wife has new Kahr CM9, and would like a OWB holster, but does not wear a belt. She ...

Thread: Paddle OWB holsters?

Paddle OWB holsters?

I would like opinions on paddle holsters. Wife has new Kahr CM9, and would like a OWB holster, but does not wear a belt. She will wear for range shooting. Is a paddle more comfortable than a single clip holster in terms of stability and spreading the weight? Considering a Galco leather and also a Fobus kydex.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Depends on the holster and your body shape, belt/clothing selection. But, generally speaking, I'd say the average decently-designed OWB/paddle holster has a better chance of being more comfortable to many folks than a similarly well-designed IWB.

Some thoughts: Fist #18 Murnak Paddle holster, for a CZ P-01 9mm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a galco paddle lite for my small frame revolver, I absolutely love it until its time to try and conceal it. The handle sticks out a little far, but since she will be using it for the range I would recommend one. Its inexpensive, comfortable and well built. And it can be concealed if you are wearing a slightly baggy cover garment especially if it is a dark color.

I really like my Blackhawk Serpa for my M&P 40c.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    I have a galco paddle lite for my small frame revolver ... The handle sticks out a little far, but ...
    Ditto, on the Fist #18 I've got. Used with a fantastic, stiff belt, it still pokes out more than a classically-snug IWB or well-designed OWB. But it's uber-comfortable. Perfect for when absolute discreet concealment isn't required.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For range use, most anything will do. The problem with most paddle holsters is they don't concel as well as a pankecake or some of the other flater styles. I have a Fobus for my Glock 30, and it's okay, but it's not what I would care to use for everyday carry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here is one that claims better concealment and High Noon has great rep. Kind of interested in this one myself. Paddle Holsters

I really like my Remora holsters and mag holders. The thing I like most is being able to cant and move around as needed. No belt needed.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, everyone. Am looking into a few of these.
    Regards,
    Dan

Consider a web belt that she puts on over her clothes when she gets to the range, then she can use any holster.

Quote Originally Posted by casketdan View Post
    I would like opinions on paddle holsters. Wife has new Kahr CM9, and would like a OWB holster, but does not wear a belt. She will wear for range shooting. Is a paddle more comfortable than a single clip holster in terms of stability and spreading the weight? Considering a Galco leather and also a Fobus kydex.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    i like paddle holsters for hunting and range use but for carry to bulky hard hide unless your ol lady wears baggy shirts
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

DSC02848.JPG

I guess I'll weigh in here. I have been ccw with a Fobus paddle holster for about a year now and really like it, easy on, easy off, light weight, secure, and comfortable. Good luck in your search.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Links